Windows 10: old Outlook account & contacts

Discus and support old Outlook account & contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I recently deleted a very old account in my co-worker's Outlook. There were no emails in the folder, and I thought it was safe to delete because... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3point1, Apr 11, 2017.

1. 3point1 Win User

old Outlook account & contacts

Hello, I recently deleted a very old account in my co-worker's Outlook. There were no emails in the folder, and I thought it was safe to delete because it hasnt' been used in years. However, it seems that when I deleted this account it also deleted all her contacts! I would like to first know how to fix it (I left the old .pst file on her desktop, so perhaps it's as simple as putting it back in the Outlook folder), and second I'd like to know how/why the contacts were saving to an account that wasn't being used.

:)

3point1, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Mr. QRC Win User

Outlook account conflicts with Microsoft account ( hotmail), and PEOPLE STUFF

After first getting the lumia 920, u should add an Microsoft account naming hotmail.
    And then, in the skydrive web, u already use outlook, people hub u have a outlook category too. This contents all the contacts transferring from ur old phones. U wanna edit them in the skydrive web, for the poor performance on the phone.
    At the last, u find only a Microsoft account (remember? The guy naming hotmail. That is it ) is not enough. Cause u need a new outlook account to sync the new contacts on the skydrive web. The Microsoft account adding at the beginning of the phone DOES
    NOT receive any update from the skydrive web.
    So I need to filter the hotmail account in order to avoid the same two contacts appear on my phone's people hub. OMG, thanks u guys for giving me an option to filter the repeated contact, and the links.
    (Ps: Well, sometimes it works for the Microsoft account to sync in time, but if u let the two account appear in the same time, outlook is quicker. Open the account setting, u will find the Microsoft one only can sync ur mail, but the outlook one could
    sync ur mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks. CONFUSING for my IQ,)
    QUESTION IS WHY CANNOT U INTEGRATE THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WITH THE OUTLOOK ACCOUNT? Isn't simple, for the client?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Continue to complait about the PEOPLE HUB!
    Can not select more than one contact into a single group at the same time on the phone.
    Can not change a photo for a contact on the skydrive web.
    Contact sequence only in alphabet. Would it be listed by title, job title, etc.?
    And the question pointed before, 25 limits per group on the phone and likely no upper limits on the skydrive web.

More? I cannot believe it wouldn't come out while continuing editing my hundreds of contacts.
    Same as always, A WONDERFUL OS, A HUMANITY SERVICE.
    Thank u guys, itis the basic function for a phone, please learn from ur opponents.

Mr. QRC, Apr 11, 2017
  3. XKE68 Win User
    How to sync Outlook Calendar/Contacts to WP

My WP 7.5 & Outlook 2010 are setup w/ Contacts & Calendars. I use my Hotmail account as my Phone E-Mail account. Problem or inconvenience is when making a change on my phone to Contacts/Calendars it is not reflected to my Outlook Contacts & Calendars.
    I can also see My Hotmail Contacts & Calendars in my Outlook view, however seems I must ignore the Outlook Contacts & Calendars as they aren't updated. Is there any way to have the Outlook Contacts & Calendars updated, even if I hit Sync on the phone?

XKE68, Apr 11, 2017
  4. 3point1 Win User

3point1, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. old Outlook account & contacts - Similar Threads - old Outlook account

2. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  3. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  4. Old Outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Outlook account: Trying to recover an outlook account that is assigned to PC that came with windows 8,but has since been upgraded to windows 10. The account was created when I logged into computer the first time in 2014 . now when i try to install something from the app store it ask for...
  5. Old Outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Outlook account: Trying to recover an outlook account that is assigned to PC that came with windows 8,but has since been upgraded to windows 10. The account was created when I logged into computer the first time in 2014 . now when i try to install something from the app store it ask for...
  6. Old Outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?: I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP). Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync contacts (exporting to and importing from vCards) so as to sync contacts and have them available on smartphone devices. The...
  8. get rid of old outlook account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  9. old contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    old contacts: How can I clear out old contacts from my drop down TO list please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-contacts/76f532ac-77cf-4f40-8ddc-7d5191c27369
  10. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683