Windows 10: Old Password

Discus and support Old Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an older Laptop running Win 10. I wish to give to my grandson. My password must be an older MS account password because it doesn't accept my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pchipper, Dec 6, 2018.

1. pchipper Win User

Old Password

I have an older Laptop running Win 10. I wish to give to my grandson. My password must be an older MS account password because it doesn't accept my current MS password and I don't have a password disk for the older password. Need Help

:)

pchipper, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Old Password

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Old Password

1. Old Password - Similar Threads - Old Password

2. How do I get my password from an old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  3. How do I get my password from an old phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  4. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  5. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  6. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I need help accessing my laptop . Forgot my pin and old email andress password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help accessing my laptop . Forgot my pin and old email andress password: i need help recovering my pin for my laptop. I created this new email because i couldn’t remeber the password for my other account i.e *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. the laptop was in my home country for a while and i recently got it over to me in another. I...
  8. I need help accessing my laptop . Forgot my pin and old email andress password

I need help accessing my laptop . Forgot my pin and old email andress password: i need help recovering my pin for my laptop. I created this new email because i couldn’t remeber the password for my other account i.e *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. the laptop was in my home country for a while and i recently got it over to me in another. I...
  9. I want to use my old password, but Microsoft won't let me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use my old password, but Microsoft won't let me.: I tried changing my password back to my old password, but I was not allowed to. I want to go back to my old password. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-old-password-but-microsoft-wont/b5b12d72-d3f4-4430-83c2-0e64c810d2e4
  10. I want to use my old password, but Microsoft won't let me.

I want to use my old password, but Microsoft won't let me.: I tried changing my password back to my old password, but I was not allowed to. I want to go back to my old password. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-old-password-but-microsoft-wont/b5b12d72-d3f4-4430-83c2-0e64c810d2e4