Windows 10: Old Password

Discus and support Old Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an older Laptop running Win 10. I wish to give to my grandson. My password must be an older MS account password because it doesn't accept my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pchipper, Dec 6, 2018.

1. pchipper Win User

Old Password

I have an older Laptop running Win 10. I wish to give to my grandson. My password must be an older MS account password because it doesn't accept my current MS password and I don't have a password disk for the older password. Need Help

:)

pchipper, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Old Password

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Old Password

1. Old Password - Similar Threads - Old Password

2. I forgot my old password and cannot login

in Windows 10 Customization
    I forgot my old password and cannot login: Can I get access to my old password in some way? I had a critical error and decided I have to start my laptop in the Safe Mode with network. However when I entered the password, the machine told me that I was offline and I have to enter the old password that I used to login...
  3. Unable to re-use old password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to re-use old password: Why do I have to change my password after 20 years? I now have issues with my account and never have before Microsoft said i have to change my password and cant reuse any of the three passwords i have rotated for all my accounts... I definitely dont understand companies...
  4. old microsoft account still asking for password

old microsoft account still asking for password: I switched to a new Microsoft account over a year ago. I switched Outlook, Office, Skype, and of course the main Microsoft account. All seem to be using the new account and they all list the new account email. However, I daily get a popup stating there is a problem with the...
  5. unable to remember password on old win7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to remember password on old win7: Have Rheumatoid Arthritis unable to lift newer laptops. Need this ultra light old one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remember-password-on-old-win7/67e2c554-66e8-4c6c-85ff-ab1762545014
  6. Unable to log in to computer using old password, Computer is not connected to internet.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log in to computer using old password, Computer is not connected to internet.: Hi, please I would like to know how to access all my past passwords. I had the "critical error start cortona ......." problem so I had to restart in safe mode with network but when I entered my password the computer told me am offline so I should use the last password I used...
  7. Old password not recognized after adding PIN; How can I recover the password, change it, or...

Old password not recognized after adding PIN; How can I recover the password, change it, or...: Sometime at or after adding a PIN to sign-in to a user account on my local machine, Windows 10 ceased to recognize my old password as correct (perhaps I am not remembering the password correctly, but I doubt that). It does recognize and report the hint I created years ago but...
  8. Does change Password make the old the email reset too?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does change Password make the old the email reset too?: For the information, I have a problem with my mail on window10. The email cannot receive and send on the mail windows10. So, i decide to change the password on the server. But I worry that if change password then all the old email missing and cannot recover. For information...
  9. Is there anyway I can get a hold of a copy of my old passwords on microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there anyway I can get a hold of a copy of my old passwords on microsoft?: I'm trying to recall my passwords, I've already recovered my account but my windows is on safe boot with networking and can't connect to the internet, the microsoft account there asks for the old password which I don't remember anymore...so I was asking if there's any way I...
  10. How can I see the WiFi passwords stored on my old laptop without being connected to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see the WiFi passwords stored on my old laptop without being connected to the...: I am trying to avoid taking both of my laptops, old & new, to all my locations 1 last time to 'see' the password and enter it in my new one....