Windows 10: Old PC double beeping on startup

Discus and support Old PC double beeping on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an old PC that I want to get running again. It always beeped once on startup so that was to my mind normal. Its been standing around for over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bigseb, Aug 12, 2020.

1. bigseb Win User

Old PC double beeping on startup

I have an old PC that I want to get running again. It always beeped once on startup so that was to my mind normal. Its been standing around for over year and in that time I removed the HDD and GPU. Both have now been reinstalled but when I powered it up there is the usual one beep followed by two double beeps. Nothing else happens i.e. nothing shows on the monitor.

Any clues as to what might be wrong? Its not critical and I am not a PC tech guy, just trying to see if the PC can be resurrected. Cheers.

:)

bigseb, Aug 12, 2020
  2. arjfca Win User

looking for a double beep sound

Hello

Is there a double beep sound available in Windows that I could access? If not, any site to suggest one to download

Martin

arjfca, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Double beep sound from the speakers?

Beeping sounds in a computer is caused by system errors or performance issue. To further isolate your concern with your computer, we’d like to know the following:

• Changes you’ve made on your computer prior to your concern.
    • Your PC system specifications. To know your PC specs, follow the steps below:
      • Press Windows + S to open Search Box. Type
        About
        then click it.
      • Send us the screenshot.
      • For more info about Windows 10 specs, visit this
        link
    • If you are using a desktop computer or laptop.
    • Make and model of your computer.
    • If there are any error messages that cause your computer to beep twice.
    We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Old PC double beeping on startup - Similar Threads - Old double beeping

2. Double beep every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  3. Double beep every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  4. Keyboard beep on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard beep on startup: My MSI GS66 makes 1 beep, when I press the first key after startup. It only beeps then, and it doesn't matter what key I press. How do I make the computer not beep when I press a key after startup? The beep is short, maybe 1 or 2 seconds long. It goes from a high pitch to a...
  5. Double beep from speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double beep from speakers: Hi, my notebook plays strange double beeps and sometimes repeats it continuously for a few minutes...could it be due to a RAM error? How do I fix it? The sound comes from the speakers or from the headphones/headphones if they are connected. I have windows 10. The notebook is...
  6. Startup Problem blinking & beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Problem blinking & beeping: Having a problem with a new monitor so yesterday I connected my new PC to a different monitor and confirmed it was working as expected. This morning I connected the new PC to the new monitor and the PC started beeping and the power light was blinking red. What can I do about...
  7. windows beeping on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows beeping on startup: So windows doesn't beep every time on startup, it only beeps sometimes when I startup. it beeps continuously and I've tried looking it up and I never found anything for continuously beeping, my system works perfectly fine just sometimes at startup and sometimes even while i'm...
  8. PC makes a beeping sound on startup Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC makes a beeping sound on startup Windows 10.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop(which was originally Windows 7 but I upgraded it to Windows 10) and for sometime now it makes a beeping sound on startup and it stops only after I press the “ESC” Key and then the Windows starts to load. It would be great if anyone would be...
  9. Beep and double keystroke

in Windows 10 Support
    Beep and double keystroke: Hi, I have windows 10 on my acer aspire ES 15 laptop. I have encountered an issue where whenever I key a letter or number my laptop beeps and the letter or number i type appears twice. Locking the modifier key in sticky keys does nothing. Turning on the filter keys prevents...
  10. looking for a double beep sound

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a double beep sound: Hello Is there a double beep sound available in Windows that I could access? If not, any site to suggest one to download Martin 37676