Windows 10: Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network

Discus and support Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An old 2012 Athlon PC running windows 10 pro 2004 has graphics issues, but also since the update keeps losing its connection to the network, until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnerrington1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network

An old 2012 Athlon PC running windows 10 pro 2004 has graphics issues, but also since the update keeps losing its connection to the network, until I run the troubleshooter. That needs to run as admin, then fixes the problem.

Thinking it was a hardware issue I've tried adding a pci ethernet card but its no different.

Also when I scan my network with advanced port scanner I notice other devices identify by name but this machine only by its ip address.

Any thoughts?

:)

johnerrington1, Jul 15, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 15, 2020
  3. JBG123 Win User
    Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network

Ethernet won't connect fully to network, wifi dongle works instantly

That's what I would suggest, connect to the Router.

Open command line, type IPCONFIG /Release
    IPCONFIG /Renew

That will release and renew your DHCP licenses. If the DHCP service on your router isn't working (which isn't likely), then you won't pick up an address, but you said you put in a static IP address for your subnet so that would resolve that issue really.

You said you tried another cable, but are you sure it's a known good cable? Can you test with a laptop to your switch to verify? Have you tried connecting another device to the Ethernet part of your network to see if DHCP and network connectivity is resolving? If it does, then that brings you back to your NIC hardware.

Kursah, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network

1. Old PC losing DHCP and ethernet connectivity and not identifying on network - Similar Threads - Old losing DHCP

2. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  3. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  4. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  6. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  7. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

8. Ethernet says "Network is not identified"

Ethernet says "Network is not identified": Hello everybody I'm currently having problems with my ethernet. It says "Network is not identified" and I have tried everything I could find on google to fix it, even reinstalling windows didn't help. It happened right after I ran a spoofer program don't ask why. I have...
  9. ethernet identifying, not connected no internet

ethernet identifying, not connected no internet: hello, dell 755 OptiPlex, att dsl, ethernet shows indentifying/no internet not connected, I have checked cable/reset adaptor/also uninstalled driver and adaptor, trouble shooting reads invalid ip configuration/have a wifi usb works. have tried many commands also...
  10. Ethernet keeps losing connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection: Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows. [img] it looks like it's wireless can't connect and this is happening with Ethernet is connected. It loses connection once every 2 minutes and that's no joke and lasts for a...