Windows 10: Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side...

Discus and support Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. This problem was posted here earlier this year.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Payitforword88888, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side...

The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. This problem was posted here earlier this year.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its/4d14468a-0628-4285-8586-cfd3d38f4be1

None of the solutions worked. Another solution advised running system file checker. However, when I type sfc /scannow in the command prompt, it tells me I'm not recognized as the administrator, which I am.

:)

Payitforword88888, Dec 23, 2020

2. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 23, 2020
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side...

Windows 10 - The application has failed to start

Hi David,

It is possible that you received the error message The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace. exe tool for more detail due
    to wrong configuration settings or software conflicts. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from uninstalling then reinstalling the app?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side...

1. Old problem here resurfaced: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side... - Similar Threads - Old problem here

2. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its/64c22daf-900b-4e92-9dd4-1dfc3f9677b2
  3. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is...: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail....
  4. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is...: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail....
  5. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The application has failed to start because its side to side configuration is incorrect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application has failed to start because its side to side configuration is incorrect...: I recently changed over from an Acer laptop running Windows 10 to now Microsoft Surface Pro running windows 10.All I'm trying to do is to get my Logitech M570 mouse "setpoint" program to work like it did on the Acer. Primarily so I can set my mouse buttons to my own...
  7. Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect

Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect: hello i wanted to play some games then a error came in it say Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect i try to get visual c++ but when i press it it gave me the same message so please i need help...
  8. This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.: When opening a file, the error "This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail" comes up. I tried to download and install the Microsoft...
  9. Application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: This error appears when I try to run any kind of .exe or .pdf file so far from what I've come across, these two seem to be the only file types affected. I know that installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a common fix to this issue, but I can't run the .exe file...
  10. The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello, I'm having an issue with my computer, when I try to open almost ANY application I get the following error: "The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect" I have tried installing all the reinstalling all c++...