Windows 10: old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10

Discus and support old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife's PC (Win-10) developed aproblem after an update last year when Internet Explorer 11 stopped starting. She uses Chrome and paid little... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dustymars, Mar 3, 2017.

1. dustymars Win User

old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10

My wife's PC (Win-10) developed aproblem after an update last year when Internet Explorer 11 stopped starting. She uses Chrome and paid little attention to it. IE 11 just does nothing when clicked. Reading all nonsense materials onthe Net about this problem nothing so far seems to work. So I am reinstallingWindows 10 (ISO version) and was hoping it will find the missing files orregistries, etc., or whatever and any updates that failed, and overlooked, soit will take all day. Am I just wasting my time? Will her Internet Explorerwork again? Blah!

Weird thing -- IE 11 works fine inSafe Mode. After Resetting IE 11 and all the bogus cures from the Internetcowboys, but nothing changed; IE 11 will not start in Windows 10 normal running.I think something got whacked in the registry keys. Seeing how we have twinPC's maybe I can compare registry entries for Internet Explorer and emulatemine with her keys, huh?

I would appreciate at least a replyhere. Seems like at least one of you hasa suggestion besides all the nonsense I read. BTW, I started in the computer field 57 years ago and am not too old to graspthe magic Microsoft’s holy programming.

:)

dustymars, Mar 3, 2017
  2. Yee Lee Win User

Problem starting IE 11 in Window 10

Tried all the suggestions to run IE11 in Window 10 to no avail. What should I do next? Please help.

Yee Lee, Mar 3, 2017
  3. Problem starting IE 11 in Window 10

Hi there,

Can you please elaborate your problem in more details?

MCCshreyas, Mar 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

By 'reinstalling' do you mean an in-place repair upgrade?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I haven't come across this 'IE not working' problem, but I did manage to break the Spotlight pictures on the lock screen by delving too deep into the registry - I'd got sick of seeing a picture I'd clicked 'Do you like what you see?' for and was trying to 'un-like' it. An in-place upgrade certainly fixed that for me. Hopefully it will for your IE.

Bree, Mar 3, 2017
  5. dustymars Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Bree. Yes, the In-place Upgrade trick was done to no avail. Was hoping that would fix it but it did not. While it works in Safe Mode that means all the files are intact, so, something is interfering with it in normal Windows mode and that will have to wait due to loss of interest in the problem now. Yeah, I'm getting too old to worry about it; my wife likes Chrome so she can have it. I would use FireFox, but who am I? *Smile When a stroke of genius hit me then I will tackle the problem again. Again, thanks.

dustymars, Mar 3, 2017
  6. dustymars Win User
    Back again: Performing a clean boot to isolate which program ( “clean boot routine”) I find that IE 11 runs okay with many services disabled, so I started the process of elimination. After awhile I found the culprit! “Process Monitor – Logitech (LVPrcS64)”. Hum, QuickCam? Haven’t had one of those in years. How it got there is a mystery. It is a goner and all of its genes. Did not show up in Malware scans so it must have come with some camera routine. I should have know but getting old and out of touch. Thanks again for the advice.

Jeff

Found a pup" that loaded when she downloaded a game. Oh well!

dustymars, Mar 3, 2017
  7. dustymars Win User
    BTW, if I use Edge then IE 11 everything slows down dramatically. Hum.............everything speeds back up after reboot.

dustymars, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - old problem maybe

2. keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?: my keyboard stoped woking. I can use only virtual keyboard its a toshiba laptop with win 10 worked great till last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-maybe-a-window-10-update-problem/f2e54d73-d1f7-4bc2-9d8b-6e62ee1729de
  3. Reinstall IE 11 on Windows 10

Reinstall IE 11 on Windows 10: I have deleted IE 11 on my computer that using windows 10, becauce The IE 11 could not open as ussualy to My Dlink. My Question : How to recovery IE 11, so I can use to open site Mydlink for IP Camera. How to solve the problem?...
  4. windows 10 IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 IE 11: Why is it that almost every Windows 10 update, every website that I visit tells me that IE 11 is outdated and the day before it ran perfectly. Don't say anything about Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. Using those browsers have caused 4 virus attacks with two coming from using...
  5. IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809

IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809: The original thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/ie-11-closingcrashing-problems-with-windows-10/ce08acba-2683-40e8-b454-32604f84fe07?page=1 by Ron_0004 unfortunately appears "locked" despite +200 persons need an answer(!). This problem drives me crazy....
  6. IE loads at start of windows

in Browsers and Email
    IE loads at start of windows: Hi all, I have a new strange problem. For the last 4 days, when I turn on my computer it boots fine, but it will open IE and go to my home page. I have no clue on how that happened, and don’t know where to find the setting. It is not in msconfig/startup. I also looked at...
  7. Windows 10 home problem (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home problem (maybe?): So recently i had to wipe my hard drive and i had to reinstall windows. I went through the installation process with my usb. Everything was running smoothly and fine. I could browse the internet and it was just fine, but i obviously had to update my version of windows since...
  8. Windows 10 and IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and IE 11.: I'm having a problem when opening ie 11 on two different pc's. When ie opens to aol.com homepage one pc is fine the other opens with this page. The attached screenshot page is the one I don't want opening that way, with the display on the left of the screen. I would like to...
  9. IE 11 installed but does not start...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 installed but does not start...: IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3a1c Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16392, time stamp: 0x55a864a2...
  10. Having problems with IE 11 in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Having problems with IE 11 in Windows 10: Hi, I started having issues with IE 11 in one of my forums that I have been a member of for 10 years. When I click on a thread to reply or even to start a thread I get this message [img] It says it is a bad address. However, when I go to my forum with Edge, or Google I...