Windows 10: Old program no longer opens after update

Discus and support Old program no longer opens after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a program for a video game. It's located inside the game folder itself and worked on early versions of Windows 10. Ever since I updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Exoe, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Exoe Win User

Old program no longer opens after update

I use a program for a video game. It's located inside the game folder itself and worked on early versions of Windows 10. Ever since I updated my Windows it no longer opens. I've run the incompatibility troubleshoot and tried also the incompatibility tab within the program's Properties. Nothing seems to work.

Any way to make this thing compatible with the current windows?

:)

Exoe, Dec 5, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Old program no longer opens after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Old program no longer opens after update

cannot open old program files in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

1. Did you try installing the game from Windows. Old folder?

2. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Old program no longer opens after update

1. Old program no longer opens after update - Similar Threads - Old program longer

2. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  3. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  4. After recent updates I can no longer open old xlr files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent updates I can no longer open old xlr files: In Windows 10 I received a feature update on 3/16 and three quality updates on 3/17. After they were installed my old xlr files wouldn't open. Instead, a menu of options popped up, including microsoft works spreadsheet and something called PRGRA~2\MIDCA9~\wksss.exe"%1", which...
  5. Programs not opening after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening after 2004 update: Hi there I recently updated my computer to the latest 2004 build, to be honest I did it without thinking, windows update is telling me to install, have no reason to disagree with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE! So after 3 attempts at the update which all came down to an external...
  6. Windows Update = programs will no longer open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update = programs will no longer open: My computer recently got the "2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960." I have had to uninstall this update twice because, after the update, certain programs on my computer no longer function. The ones I've found thus far are:...
  7. Old Program

Old Program: I have a program that I installed on a previous version of Windows. It will not install on Windows 10 Home. If I upgrade to another version of Windows, will it install? Which version?...
  8. Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update: Have Windows 10 build 1803. Installed the updates that were released yesterday. Since then some of my programs are not opening, the cursor spins for a couple seconds then nothing. Did sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files. Those were fixed, but the problem persists. I...
  9. old programs and files missing after the update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old programs and files missing after the update:: Sirs: I updated from Microsoft 10 to Microsoft 10 edge: all my files that I had before the upgrade. e-mail settings various and freewill programs Programs to make business cards bunch more files and program that no longer in my hard drive that I can find: thanks for...
  10. New Windows 10 update: Subscription programs no longer open/ connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 update: Subscription programs no longer open/ connect: Hello, I just had a windows 10 update and now my programs that require connection to the internet to verify accounts or subscritions wont connect. These include Adobe Creative Suites, Autodesk and Outlook. I also cant open the "Windows Update" option. It only displays a...