Windows 10: Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

Discus and support Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReillySollenberger, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it. There was download information on the web page I got it from, but putting it in Google Translate only turned up semi-useful results. The file that I downloaded was an application called "maho_Start02", an when I run it, it creates another application called "Start". When I then run the "Start" application, I get an error message looking something like this. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10 cb8e66db-e27e-4de6-9c01-da9f3af07f11?upload=true.png

I have no idea how to proceed from here, because I know that this isn't an actual language, and I don't know if that's an error within an error or something. I tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Which should have been the Windows it was built for). I don't know if maybe I should take it a step further and set up a VM for XP to run it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

ReillySollenberger, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 4, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

1. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Old Program Won't

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  4. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  5. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  6. Would like to run old programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would like to run old programs: Old programs like Photoshop 6.0 for ex., Illustrator 6.0, the compatibility troubleshooter included in Windows 10 does not work, I am pretty sure it is almost useless, serious answers please....
  7. Program won't run on Windows 10 1909

Program won't run on Windows 10 1909: Good day, after updating my windows 10 to 1909, I can't run simplewall application anymore, please help me This is the screenshot of the application's folder, the main application is the 'simplewall' app. It triggers 'User Account Control', I click 'yes' but it is still...
  8. Running old windows based programs in Windows 10

Running old windows based programs in Windows 10: I have an old genealogy program Genius 2.0 which I was running in Windows 10 without any problems until recently. There must have been some recent update to Windows 10 which is stopping Genius from opening. Is there any way that I could get around this by running a 2nd older...
  9. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...
  10. Office programs won't run under 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office programs won't run under 10: I am running a dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 being default and Windows 10 Pro x64 as secondary. I have been running 7 for a couple of years and recently added 10. Maybe I'm not doing something I was supposed to but when I'm in 10 and try to run MS Office 2010, I get...