Windows 10: old programs and files missing after the update:

Discus and support old programs and files missing after the update: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sirs: I updated from Microsoft 10 to Microsoft 10 edge: all my files that I had before the upgrade. e-mail settings various and freewill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennethBoynton, Dec 16, 2018.

1. old programs and files missing after the update:

Sirs:

I updated from Microsoft 10 to Microsoft 10 edge: all my files that I had before the upgrade.

e-mail settings

various and freewill programs

Programs to make business cards

bunch more files and program that no longer in my hard drive that I can find:

thanks for your help gating my old programs and files back.

Ken

:)

KennethBoynton, Dec 16, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Dec 16, 2018
  4. old programs and files missing after the update:

Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

old programs and files missing after the update:

1. old programs and files missing after the update: - Similar Threads - old programs files

2. Missing program/app after random update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing program/app after random update.: Looking for a little help. After being a Windows guy since 3.1 I jumped ship a few years back and while I try to keep up with things as my wife uses and likes Windows I'm a little out of the game. A few days ago she was asking for help as the program/app she had been sing to...
  3. FILES ON WINDOWS OLD MISSING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILES ON WINDOWS OLD MISSING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS: Hi! my windows 10 suddenly keeps on signing me on a temporary account every time i turn it on and i did a lot of process to get it back to normal so that i can use my administrator account but nothing worked even if i did a lot of restart. lately i decided to reinstall...
  4. Missing programs and files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing programs and files.: Hi. This morning on opening my Windows 10 laptop the boot took longer than usual. Everything looked different homescreen background and icons which was a clue that something was wrong. All my files have disappeared and many programs. Remaining programs acted as if I was...
  5. After June 10 Windows Update - File path to Programs missing

After June 10 Windows Update - File path to Programs missing: After the overnight update occurred, I could not open any of my Word 2010 or Excel 2010 files A window popped up with an error message about the file path was missing [Sorry didn't copy the message] I could copy the file onto a flash drive and was able to read the file...
  6. Missing Program Files

Missing Program Files: I recently updated my PC to the latest version of windows 10. my problem is that when I go to the program files, the files of apps I installed like audacity does not show up. it only shows in here C:\Users\User\Documents\Audacity-This folder is empty. what should I do to fix...
  7. Old program no longer opens after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old program no longer opens after update: I use a program for a video game. It's located inside the game folder itself and worked on early versions of Windows 10. Ever since I updated my Windows it no longer opens. I've run the incompatibility troubleshoot and tried also the incompatibility tab within the program's...
  8. old file is missing

old file is missing: I had a problem in my pc, "we can't sign into your account", I create an another account and I save all my files in that account, after restart the computer is back to its problem "we can't sign into your account" again, and my files is went missing. I cant find it. I decide...
  9. Missing file after update

Missing file after update: After upgrading my windows with a new update of windows 1903, I am getting a message saying : There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This message appears whenever my windows starts. What should I do ?...
  10. all installed programs missing after update

all installed programs missing after update: After 22nd ‘s update my computer crashed and then I lost all the programs installed. I received a message that I have to reconnect drive file history. Please help me because I don’t know what should I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msflxgrd.ocx windows 10 wow64