Windows 10: Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed

Discus and support Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an old Samsung ATIV Book 7 model NP740U3E. I recently did a fresh start install of Windows 10. However a few things are still broken like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quicksilver7716, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed

So I have an old Samsung ATIV Book 7 model NP740U3E. I recently did a fresh start install of Windows 10. However a few things are still broken like function keys and keyboard backlight.

I have downloaded the Samsung Update app. However it appears that this app is no longer supported and it will not connect to the server to retrieve the necessary drivers.

I would really love to get this laptop fully functional again.

I am turning to you here in the Windows 10 community for help getting the correct drivers so I can control; screen backlight, keyboard backlight and Sound via the function keys.

submitted by /u/Quicksilver7716
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quicksilver7716, Feb 19, 2021

2. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

Tigerman82, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed

1. Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed - Similar Threads - Old Samsung laptop

2. Old Samsung Monitor Doesn't Have Win10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Samsung Monitor Doesn't Have Win10 Drivers: Hello! The only monitor I have in hands right now is some ancient lcd Samsung monitor. "SyncMaster 732nw plus", to be exact. Last time I knew, it was able to display Windows 7 with no problem. Now, when I plug it into a gt 1030 card via VGA, it will stop receiving signal...
  3. Old Samsung Monitor Doesn't Have Win10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Samsung Monitor Doesn't Have Win10 Drivers: Hello! The only monitor I have in hands right now is some ancient lcd Samsung monitor. "SyncMaster 732nw plus", to be exact. Last time I knew, it was able to display Windows 7 with no problem. Now, when I plug it into a gt 1030 card via VGA, it will stop receiving signal...
  4. Old Samsung Monitor Doesn't Have Win10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  6. Video drivers for old laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video drivers for old laptop: I have HP laptop running Windows 10. After the last Windows update display resolution has changed and I cannot set it as I like. My laptop is using ATI Radeon X1350 video card. I tried to find drivers for this laptop but with no avail. I want to get 1440 x 900 resolution....
  7. samsung magician need digitally signed driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    samsung magician need digitally signed driver: downloaded samsung magician and installed it. it started up and apparently i need some sort of digitally signed driver now? "program compatibility assistant" "samsung magician application resource samsung india software operations windows blocked installation of a...
  8. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop): Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the...
  9. Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??): Hello Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD . According to my records it is a: "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA III MLC Internal SSD". I have tried searching Samsung's various sites and found it to be intensely confusing!...
  10. Samsung laptop driver issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung laptop driver issues: Samsung Laptop model NP700Z5B-S01UB So I'm having a problem with drivers. Mostly with function keys/trackpad and settings software. Samsung has a settings software that controls a bunch of stuff on the laptop. Normally I wouldn't bother with such software but its directly...