Windows 10: Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

Discus and support Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saf_H89, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory reset from settings without admin password and username, which I can't get (whatsoever).

How do I factory reset this completely? No admin, no school domain, etc. The laptop is running Windows 10 Education.

submitted by /u/Saf_H89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saf_H89, Dec 8, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 8, 2020
  3. TyroneRob Win User
    Asus Laptop W10 factory reset, Don't have password

I recently bought a used asus model e402s on craigslist and it came with the old guys details on it. Ive tried to contact him but he wont respond. I just need to factory reset it. So my problems are:

• I dont have the password
    • I cant do a factory reset from logging in because i dont have the password
    • The laptop doesnt have a cd drive
    • im not a computer tech! lol

TL;DR I need to reset the laptop to factory setting without a password. W10.

Thanks for any help!

TyroneRob, Dec 8, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

1. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset. - Similar Threads - Old School Laptop

2. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  3. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  4. How to Factory Reset an old school laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Factory Reset an old school laptop: Okay so a bit of back story: I used to go to this one school where they wanted us to bring our own laptops from home so that they can put their system on it. I gave them my Dell Windows laptop and they reset it to be a school laptop. It has blocked websites, admin passwords...
  5. How to Factory Reset an old school laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Factory Reset an old school laptop: Okay so a bit of back story: I used to go to this one school where they wanted us to bring our own laptops from home so that they can put their system on it. I gave them my Dell Windows laptop and they reset it to be a school laptop. It has blocked websites, admin passwords...
  6. How to Factory Reset an old school laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. need help factory resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help factory resetting my pc: Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and then tried to reset it again,. when i tried, it said problem resetting yourpc, no changes made. Anyone have any ideas on how to...
  8. Need help resetting my old school laptop this keeps popping up after 5 times of resetting...

Need help resetting my old school laptop this keeps popping up after 5 times of resetting...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/antmafioso [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/givf11/need_help_resetting_my_old_school_laptop_this/
  9. Need help resetting pc to factory

Need help resetting pc to factory: I’m selling it and it says couldn’t reset nothing was changed no error code submitted by /u/imnotafuckboidrip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkmg3p/need_help_resetting_pc_to_factory/
  10. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...