Windows 10: Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

Discus and support Old screensaver returned after factory reset. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After my pc had slowed down considerably I decided it was time to reset. I chose the “Remove Everything” option and everything went smoothly, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UncleRuckusForever, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

After my pc had slowed down considerably I decided it was time to reset. I chose the “Remove Everything” option and everything went smoothly, and when it booted up I was met with a blank canvas. However today I restarted my laptop and after logging in I was met by my old screensaver. Anyone have any idea how this could have happened, I thought all data was removed upon a reset?

submitted by /u/UncleRuckusForever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UncleRuckusForever, Nov 28, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Old screensaver returned after factory reset. :)

terrace, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Charlie Win User
    Screensaver delay time resets to 1 on boot

Joan. So the screen saver needs to be set to what to come on? Seams like if its your scrolling pictures you would want it to come on at 1. Just wondering does the Cozi app show up on this list?

Old screensaver returned after factory reset. [​IMG]

Charlie, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Beemna21 Win User

Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset

I performed a factory reset which went fine. When I click on Homegroup it says I can join the one I previously setup on the machine before the factory reset, i.e it is asking me to join my own Homegroup. I do not have the password for my (old) Homegroup.

I've tried some of the solutions I found on here (deleting files in Appdata/... and stopping the service but the old Homegroup still persists.

1) Do you usually join your own Homegroup?
    2) Is there a way to get the password?
    3) Can the old Homegroup be erased?
    4) Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Beemna21, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

1. Old screensaver returned after factory reset. - Similar Threads - Old screensaver returned

2. How to Factory Reset an old school laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Factory Reset an old school laptop: Okay so a bit of back story: I used to go to this one school where they wanted us to bring our own laptops from home so that they can put their system on it. I gave them my Dell Windows laptop and they reset it to be a school laptop. It has blocked websites, admin passwords...
  3. stop code error after factory reset to old acer laptop

stop code error after factory reset to old acer laptop: I was planning to donate my old laptop to a family in need. I performed a factory reset to remove all of my stuff off the computer. It is stuck in a bit of a do-loop. States "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" The windows logo comes up and the dots spin around...
  4. Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?: So recently I factory reset my PC with all the options to make it more thorough selected. However, when everything finished and I went to set up windows, I noticed that the other language I had added prior to the reset was still there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how factory...
  5. Return to Factory condition

Return to Factory condition: My wife has an HP notebook with windows 10 installed (don't know what version (probably home) of Windows 10 it is). It has a virus (says from Microsoft, but locks the computer up every time it open) that comes up when any browser is opened. I need to know how to return the...
  6. Old corrupted Admin local account gone after Factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old corrupted Admin local account gone after Factory reset: The old admin account of my laptop was corrupted, in order for it to be fixed is for it to get Factory resetted, all of my files that I worked hard for are gone in the process. Is there any way I could get the Admin account and/or the files back without Restoring the old...
  7. Factory reset and cannot view old files

Factory reset and cannot view old files: I factory resetted my laptop which had windows 8. I installed windows 10 and logged back in with the same Microsoft account but i do not see my old files. I see that i would have backup in my Microsoft account online. I need to view the old back up and get them back on my...
  8. If you return a PC to a store-FACTORY RESET IT!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you return a PC to a store-FACTORY RESET IT!!!: An informative article I found at ars technical: How Best Buy’s computer-wiping error turned me into an amateur blackhat I always get a little thrill opening a new gadget. The computer looked like it had never been touched and all the paperwork was still in sealed...
  9. Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver: This problem has been driving me crazy. After my laptop goes to screensaver, the music continues to play, when I enter my pin it will stop and hitting the play button keeps it on zero with no playback. It would also happen that if I had an Aux cable connected and...
  10. Return to factory state

Return to factory state: What term is used for restoring PC with Windows 10 back to out of box state? I am confused on terminology for this. Is it Reset, Restore, Refresh. etc...? 43861