Windows 10: Old second monitor has icons too big

Discus and support Old second monitor has icons too big in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; basically what the title says. I have a really old monitor that I want to use as a second monitor. But when I plug it in, the icons and the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XDLOL420, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Old second monitor has icons too big

basically what the title says. I have a really old monitor that I want to use as a second monitor. But when I plug it in, the icons and the whole screen is just really big. Its not zoomed in and I've been trying to play around with the resolutions on the windows settings and couldn't get it to fix itself. Here is a picture of how it looks like for me https://imgur.com/a/7Gf0SR4

submitted by /u/XDLOL420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XDLOL420, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

How to stop all the main screen icons moving to second monitor (Windows10) ?

Hi,

This can be a default when opening a game to maximize the functionality of having two monitors. To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• When you close the game, do the icons go back to the main display or does it stays on the second monitor?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Old second monitor has icons too big

Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Old second monitor has icons too big

1. Old second monitor has icons too big - Similar Threads - Old second monitor

2. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.: Hi, when I had installed Windows 10 on my Computer My taskbar icons were HUGE. Here is the screenshot,for u guys it may not look like its big, but in my screen its huge, and when i try to record my cursor looks like as if it was recorded in 720p, and my display is 1080p with...
  3. Taskbar icons too big

Taskbar icons too big: Hi how can i make the icons on the taskbar smaller that 100% It too big for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-too-big/1da51358-a31a-43e5-86cf-f6ed5bad50b4
  4. Text too big for icons and in programs

Text too big for icons and in programs: The text size has just randomly enlarged for all my files and folders and in programmes such as Microsoft Word: the ribbon/toolbar at the top of a Word document has enlarged. The text written on internet tabs as well ahs got bigger. In settings: I have changed display...
  5. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor: The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big. This is a...
  6. My desktop icons and words are too big.

My desktop icons and words are too big.: My desktop icons and words are too big, may you put it back to normal size, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-and-words-are-too-big/e03567bf-16a1-4b41-ad5f-fecc5f684737
  7. second monitor icons

second monitor icons: recently I have set up a second monitor on my windows desktop. everything is working fine however I would like to know if there is a way to mirror my desktop icons without mirroring the hole screen...
  8. icons on the display are way too big

icons on the display are way too big: After the last update the icons on the display are way too big, how can I change them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-the-display-are-way-too-big/b1d1845e-2c33-4f7d-9d1a-ae499f0f3015
  9. Icons too big in toobar

Icons too big in toobar: Ho do I fix this without a restart?[ATTACH] On my second monitor, the time font is too large and the taskbar alert icons are fuzzy like they're not scaling correctly: [ATTACH] Problem occurs when I dock my laptop. Have had the same issue with a Surface laptop dock and my...
  10. Picture too big for TV monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Picture too big for TV monitor: I'm trying to hook up a 32" Emerson TV as monitor to a Windows 10 computer using HDMI. There is not a video card as such—it is the graphics included on the Intel chip. The picture is too big for the screen. The first column of icons on the desktop is barely visible and...