Windows 10: Old Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle - Is it worthwhile trying it out?

Discus and support Old Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle - Is it worthwhile trying it out? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Win 10 x64 Home Ver 1903. I have come across a Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle that I bought from Poundland a fair number of years ago. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Agrippa, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Agrippa Win User

Old Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle - Is it worthwhile trying it out?

I have Win 10 x64 Home Ver 1903.

I have come across a Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle that I bought from Poundland a fair number of years ago. The only thing in the package is the dongle and the only useful info is that it is V2.0. A bit of quick googling tells me that it is at least 2 versions out of date.

I thought that I might try it out for file transfer between my PC and my devices but, before I do, I wonder if anyone thinks it is worthwhile. Specifically:

1) What are the chances of it actually being able to do file transfers?

2) How safe would it be? I gather that Win 10 has Bluetooth drivers installed, but if it's necessary to find and download drivers I think I'd be loath to risk installing something that might cause me problems.

:)

Agrippa, Aug 12, 2019

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Bluetooth USB Dongle

Dual-device pairing is something that only a handful of BT transceivers have done well, so dont expect much.

Sasqui, Aug 12, 2019
  4. mc-dexter Win User

Bluetooth USB Dongle

yeh i think that's the simplest thing to do, the bluetooth dongle's come pretty cheap nowdays so it's not gunna burn a hole in your pocket *Laugh :laugh:

big plus as some managed to send to my neighbours phone.... they get some random shit sent them *Roll :roll: nah but seriously, you get endless use out of a propper bluetooth dongle *Big Grin Old Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle - Is it worthwhile trying it out? :D

mc-dexter, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Old Signalex Bluetooth USB Dongle - Is it worthwhile trying it out? - Similar Threads - Old Signalex Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage: Bluetooth Dongle reconized as USB Drive mass storage ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________hello everyone. my USB...
  3. Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage: Bluetooth Dongle reconized as USB Drive mass storage ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________hello everyone. my USB...
  4. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle: I have a YMOO long-range Bluetooth USB transmitter. It is plug-and-play. I do not have internal Bluetooth. When I installed it a month ago, it worked fine. I removed it temporarily while I waited for new earbuds, but when I tried to reinstall it, Windows keeps saying...
  5. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle: I have a YMOO long-range Bluetooth USB transmitter. It is plug-and-play. I do not have internal Bluetooth. When I installed it a month ago, it worked fine. I removed it temporarily while I waited for new earbuds, but when I tried to reinstall it, Windows keeps saying...
  6. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Issues with Bluetooth USB Dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Bluetooth USB Dongle: I recently purchased an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle to be able to use my wireless headset. There is however a little issue with my new Bluetooth option where my headset does not connect automatically, I must go into my Bluetooth settings to reconnect the paired device every...
  8. Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.: Hello, I'm having trouble maintaining a connection with the default adapter and decided to buy a dongle on amazon. I have installed the proper drivers and disabled the previous device. unfortunately, when I go to connect to Bluetooth, I'm receiving a message that Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  10. Real Bluetooth 5 USB Adaptor/Dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Real Bluetooth 5 USB Adaptor/Dongle: Does anyone using one to recommend? Must be verified via Device Manager. Thanks submitted by /u/d4v1dv00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewo2ql/real_bluetooth_5_usb_adaptordongle/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. signalex bluetooth usb dongle