Windows 10: old Snip pics not viewable

Discus and support old Snip pics not viewable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just realized that every single photo created using the old SNIP, before it became Snipping Tool or Snip & Sketch, will no longer open. Most are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cat n Tim de Vries-Gavin, Jan 25, 2021.

1. old Snip pics not viewable

I just realized that every single photo created using the old SNIP, before it became Snipping Tool or Snip & Sketch, will no longer open. Most are saved as PNG files, but not all. I tried opening with all programs and the browser, and tried while in safe mode. I also tried using a converter tool but it won't open them either. All worked fine until a couple of months ago when my SNIP stopped working and I was told I had to install the new Windows 10 snipping tool. How can I recover all these photos/snips ? They are years of genealogy work including snips of past generations, census reports, etc

........................................................................................................................................................................................

old Snip pics not viewable 91697fcb-e401-45a4-9055-c8abde22bdef?upload=true.jpg

...................................................................................................................

AND

........................................................................................................................

old Snip pics not viewable b465048c-39ef-471e-9e32-ee9daddf2331?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cat n Tim de Vries-Gavin, Jan 25, 2021

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jan 25, 2021
  3. BRKING Win User
    Snipping Tool not viewable?

Here's a weird questions. There's the Snipping Tool right? Search "Snipping Tool" and the results says "Snipping Tool - Desktop App" but the tool isn't on the desktop nor in my start menu. So where is this tool hiding at and how many other tools are hidden like this?????

BRKING, Jan 25, 2021
  4. CmmTch Win User

old Snip pics not viewable

Snipping Tool not viewable?

Not a weird question, some stuff got moved around, the more we use it the better it gets old Snip pics not viewable :)

Start>All Apps>Windows Accessories, I right clicked on it (snipping tool) and pinned it to the taskbar for quick, easy access.

CmmTch, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

old Snip pics not viewable

1. old Snip pics not viewable - Similar Threads - old Snip pics

2. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovered Photos Not Viewable: I accidentally deleted my photos and I used an app called WinfrGUI to recover them and when i try to open them it says that it doesnt support the file format. Ive tried reseting microsoft photos and it still wont let me see it so I downloaded an app called HEIC Image Viewer...
  3. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovered Photos Not Viewable: I accidentally deleted my photos and I used an app called WinfrGUI to recover them and when i try to open them it says that it doesnt support the file format. Ive tried reseting microsoft photos and it still wont let me see it so I downloaded an app called HEIC Image Viewer...
  4. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Old Pic's and Video's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Pic's and Video's...: Hi. I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10... All my memory sticks & scandisk's containing pictures and video's were saved while using Windows 7... Now I'm unable to open any of them...!!! HELP...!!!...
  6. Tags in OneDrive not viewable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in OneDrive not viewable: This is a very important issue that is disastrous to over 55,000 photos and many years of work that I am sharing on OneDrive. I must find a solution. It has been going on for far too long as a known problem. Just turn on the old system it worked!!! Then disappeared....
  7. How to recover old snips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover old snips?: Sometimes I snip twice without saving and cant get the first snip back ever again, not even recreatable, i mostly use snip for video game shots submitted by /u/helpmebuildmypc_ples [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f08c5n/how_to_recover_old_snips/
  8. snipping tool- both old and new

snipping tool- both old and new: The old snipping tool will not show anything in the window to snip. The new one will not show the snip. I don't get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-both-old-and-new/f2b7338c-f103-4bff-a4a3-17f844bc3f86
  9. snipping tool not saving as a recognizable pic format. Saving as 28295_0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snipping tool not saving as a recognizable pic format. Saving as 28295_0: Two days ago everything worked fine. But yesterday Whenever I snip a pic and try to drag it to Canva it's giving me this upload error: We could not upload some of your files because they aren't a format Canva understands. Please chooses only .jpg .png or .svg files ot...
  10. Snipping Tool not viewable?

Snipping Tool not viewable?: Here's a weird questions. There's the Snipping Tool right? Search "Snipping Tool" and the results says "Snipping Tool - Desktop App" but the tool isn't on the desktop nor in my start menu. So where is this tool hiding at and how many other tools are hidden like this????? 13178