Windows 10: Old sound settings options

Discus and support Old sound settings options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all! As I'm sure you've seen this story before, windows 10 changes something and it irritates people. Well this time, it finally got me. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhantomSkyz, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Old sound settings options

Hello all! As I'm sure you've seen this story before, windows 10 changes something and it irritates people.

Well this time, it finally got me. The sound settings. WHY, when I right click on my sound icon in the toolbar, and select sound options, it doesn't take me to the detailed sound settings window with everything easily accessible, it takes me to the CRAPPY SETTINGS page that doesn't allow me to modify sound adapter settings or set default comminications and audio output separately.

Why do I now have to search for the sound options, and it's not even the first one on the list when you search for "sound" EVEN THOUGH THE APPLICATION'S NAME IS SOUND!

TLDR, is there any way to revert this?

submitted by /u/PhantomSkyz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PhantomSkyz, Jan 20, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Old sound settings options :p

cadaveca, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 20, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Old sound settings options

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Old sound settings options

1. Old sound settings options - Similar Threads - Old sound settings

2. Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound: I can't figure out why if i set my soundcard setting to DTS:X for Home theater and i try to play anything on VLC or Windows Media Player I get no sound on my Nakamishi soundbar it even causes the soundbar to lagPlease look at the video and listen to how many clicks it takes...
  3. Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound: I can't figure out why if i set my soundcard setting to DTS:X for Home theater and i try to play anything on VLC or Windows Media Player I get no sound on my Nakamishi soundbar it even causes the soundbar to lagPlease look at the video and listen to how many clicks it takes...
  4. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  5. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  6. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. sound options

sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  8. Sound limter option under sound settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound limter option under sound settings: I am just looking for some information on a setting in the sound settings open sound settings scroll down to sound control panel under playback right click on the speaker icon then properties using realtek high definition audio I have a custom tab which shows a...
  9. Airpods sound settings output option

Airpods sound settings output option: Good Day I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods I know Apple airpods might not be compatible with windows, plus i saw the queston being asked more than once no solution did help, tried the trouble...
  10. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

No "stereo mix" option in sound settings: I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I...