Windows 10: Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Discus and support Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unfortunately, recently, my ssd has gone completely corrupt, windows not launching, no fix working, as the moment I have two secondary drives (or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucianMunro, May 19, 2019.

1. Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Unfortunately, recently, my ssd has gone completely corrupt, windows not launching, no fix working, as the moment I have two secondary drives (or a secondary and third). Thankfully, all my important data is on the two hard drives, but when I do a fresh install, what is the best way to keep all my old data undamaged (games, photos, videos, etc...) so I can use them afterwards.

Also, once I have a new install, if I was to connect my old ssd, could I get any data off it, or is that lost now?

Thanks to anyone with any insight, it is much appreciated Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? :)

:)

LucianMunro, May 19, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 19, 2019
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, May 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

1. Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? - Similar Threads - Old SSD Corrupt

2. Installing OS on new SSD after old HDD got corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing OS on new SSD after old HDD got corrupted: HP Compaq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-os-on-new-ssd-after-old-hdd-got/e65c28bd-dc05-4cfa-aced-1579cbe32039
  3. Installing OS on new SSD after old HDD got corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing OS on new SSD after old HDD got corrupted: HP Compaq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-os-on-new-ssd-after-old-hdd-got/e65c28bd-dc05-4cfa-aced-1579cbe32039
  4. Installing OS on new SSD after old HDD got corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New ssd not in boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ssd not in boot order: Replaced hdd with ssd. New ssd isn't in boot order. Didn't migrate anything was just gonna do fresh windows install. Do I have to install windows on new ssd before it shows in boot order. Would like easiest solution possible since I'm new to this....
  6. New ssd not in boot order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New ssd not in boot order: Replaced hdd with ssd. New ssd isn't in boot order. Didn't migrate anything was just gonna do fresh windows install. Do I have to install windows on new ssd before it shows in boot order. Would like easiest solution possible since I'm new to this....
  7. New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One: I have 2 laptops, 1 the old one and 1 the new one and both signed to my microsoft account since the old one I seldom use it and mostly stay at home with the new one is the one I usually use for my daily driver, the new one always synchronize with the old one such as the...
  8. All downloaded files are blocked, old files are now blocked or corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    All downloaded files are blocked, old files are now blocked or corrupted: Windows updated a few days ago. Since then whenever I download a file, it doesn't matter what type of file .jpg, .mobi, .exe, mp3, .pdf it is blocked. I then have to right click>properties>check the unblock box to unblock it. BUT then once that is done it doesn't matter what...
  9. Moving operating system to a new SSD on old Machine, but keep old HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving operating system to a new SSD on old Machine, but keep old HDD: Hi all My PC is a 2009 machine, 64 bit with a Phenom II 925 quad processor with a 1TB HD... so very old by PC standards. Instead of buying a new machine I was thinking I would buy a SSD and move the operating system to it as it seems to take an age to boot and use the...
  10. Win10 and WinServer2012 on one SSD safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 and WinServer2012 on one SSD safe?: I have a win10 machine and I’d like to install Windows Server 2012 on the same SSD as my win10 install, but I’ve heard horror stories of Windows messing up other installs. Is this safe to do with my current setup? submitted by /u/C0smic_Kid [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd not keeping new files