Windows 10: Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Discus and support Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unfortunately, recently, my ssd has gone completely corrupt, windows not launching, no fix working, as the moment I have two secondary drives (or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucianMunro, May 19, 2019.

1. Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Unfortunately, recently, my ssd has gone completely corrupt, windows not launching, no fix working, as the moment I have two secondary drives (or a secondary and third). Thankfully, all my important data is on the two hard drives, but when I do a fresh install, what is the best way to keep all my old data undamaged (games, photos, videos, etc...) so I can use them afterwards.

Also, once I have a new install, if I was to connect my old ssd, could I get any data off it, or is that lost now?

Thanks to anyone with any insight, it is much appreciated Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? :)

:)

LucianMunro, May 19, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 19, 2019
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, May 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

1. Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files? - Similar Threads - Old SSD Corrupt

2. File Explorer sort order corrupted/altered

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort order corrupted/altered: When I subdivide a video into segments, I end up with clip1.ext, clip2.ext, clip3.ext, clip4.ext, clip5.ext etc. When I move them to another folder, they appear there as clip5.ext, clip1.ext, clip2.ext, clip3.ext, clip4.ext If I click on the column heading, they appear as...
  3. Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD: Hi all, I am currently running OEM Windows 7 on a HDD, and want to take advantage of the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 (I know it expired in 2016, but I read that you can still do it). Problem is, I have some programs that I still use that I don't have the keys for, so I'd...
  4. Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?: I created a new Microsoft account on the laptop that I’ve bought recently. I’d like to know if I can transfer the files from my old Microsoft account that I used before....
  5. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED: FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED... I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES. IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED...
  6. New Tools to Help Keep Instagram Safe

in Windows 10 News
    New Tools to Help Keep Instagram Safe: I want to share an update on three important steps we’re taking to continue to keep Instagram — and our community of one billion — safe. First, we’re announcing a new feature to help you evaluate the authenticity of accounts with large followings on Instagram; we’re also...
  7. Adding a SSD keeping old HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a SSD keeping old HD: Putting and SSD in the system and will just do a fresh install of windows 10 and make it C:\. I know about going to settings, system, storage, and changing the destinations. But will everything be found OK, or do I need to reinstall all the programs?...
  8. Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.: So I installed windows 10 earlier this week, I believe the 7th of February. The system moves all my files into windows.old. I retrieve my vital files (mostly current projects and some game files) and marvel at how much faster my computer seems to run. Then about 30 minutes...
  9. Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD: If I clone my old upgraded windows 10 SSD to a new SSD and do a clean install on the new SSD. Would the new cloned SSD be activated? 9609
  10. Clear Old SSD Files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clear Old SSD Files?: so i upgrade to a 250ssd samsung from my old 120gb kingston, how to clear the old 120gb kingston files? i dont have another sata but i have a Orico Enclosure 85855