Windows 10: Old Start menu

Discus and support Old Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to bring back the old start menu without any programs on Build 10041 ? Below one didn't work.. ​Right click on the Start Button and select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trd3v3lop, Mar 20, 2015.

1. trd3v3lop Win User

Old Start menu

How to bring back the old start menu without any programs on Build 10041 ?

Below one didn't work..

​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run"
    Type "regedit"
    Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
    Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it "EnableXamlStartMenu" without the quote marks
    Restart Explorer

:)

trd3v3lop, Mar 20, 2015
  2. KrisD1 Win User

SAME OLD, SAME OLD, START MENU STILL NOT WORKING...DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SOLUTION????????

My error message states "Start menu and Cortana aren't working". As a result I'm unable to right click on start as you suggest for step 1 to fix the error. What is the solution for that?

KrisD1, Mar 20, 2015
  3. SAME OLD, SAME OLD, START MENU STILL NOT WORKING...DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SOLUTION????????

You are right...there isn't a fix for this problem.....over two different days I have spent 4 and a half hours with technicians who fixed it for a few days but it continues to happen. It is corrupted files and I don't care anymore. I will get win 8.1
    reinstalled as I have had two fixes...no more. It would be helpful if the microsoft techs on this thread and on the microsoft helpdesk would just help us to reinstall 8.1. The trick is not to close down your computer.

SamO'Neill, Mar 20, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

Old Start menu

Unfortunately, It does not appear that it is possible at this point.

pbcopter, Mar 21, 2015
  5. trd3v3lop Win User
    yeah nevermind i rolled back to 9926.
    thanks for answer

trd3v3lop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Old Start menu

1. Old Start menu - Similar Threads - Old Start menu

2. Windows 10 Old Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Old Start Menu?: Hi. I have Windows 10 version 21h2, and I wanted to find a way to make the "Most used" list be a separate menu from the "All apps" list. I keep searching the internet, but I don't find anything. Any way to do it? And by the way, this is what I mean:...
  3. Windows 10 Old Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Old Start Menu?: Hi. I have Windows 10 version 21h2, and I wanted to find a way to make the "Most used" list be a separate menu from the "All apps" list. I keep searching the internet, but I don't find anything. Any way to do it? And by the way, this is what I mean:...
  4. Windows 10 Old Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  6. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  7. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it?...
  8. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  9. My start menu is old

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My start menu is old: I got my computer fixed and now the start menu is old, I was wondering how to fix it? submitted by /u/SonOfStarGod [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lecx28/my_start_menu_is_old/
  10. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba