Windows 10: Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????

Discus and support Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ????? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Dec 31, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????

Hi there

I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one.

The Keys don't activate it any more -- I've only activated it about 3 times and it IS a VL one with Multiple activations allowed.

It was working last week -- Wonder now since Jan 1st if the old TechNet keys are being "re-called". The current install is fine - runs and updates OK -- it's just I wanted to make a new copy - now get Keys don't work.

Anybody else finding their TechNet stuff doesn't work any more.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 31, 2014

2. Can I clean install Windows 10 from a Windows 10 ISO.

I understand it's tied to device, but what if I abandon that old device and use ISO for a New device. Will Win10 ISO recognize the Product Key and validate on new device(Machine)?

ANTHONY VILLEGAS, Dec 31, 2014
  3. PhilipJP Win User
    Windows Validation if reinstalling earlier windows from image to reinstall from Windows 10

If I upgrade to Windows 10 from my 8.1 system, I assume that if I have compatibility issues and I reinstall from my image saved prior to the upgrade that the validation will remain valid for the windows 8.1 system on my existing system?..

I'm not talking about rolling back, simply don't trust the software to do that properly, but simply putting my old system on afresh from an image after the upgrade if it has software compatibility issues so that the validation key doesn't become invalid
    for windows 8.1..

PhilipJP, Dec 31, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

I received a old hand me down Dell xp pc this xmas season. I will see if it will activate win7 with a old tech net key. Won't be able to do it for a couple of days but will post on this thread the results. Happy NY *Cool

Charlie, Dec 31, 2014
  5. Mystere Win User
    There are two kinds of Volume License... One that accepts physical keys, and one that requires a Key Management Server. Are you sure your copy isn't setup to use a KMS?

Mystere, Jan 1, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

On checking the message it seemed that it had been activated too many times (was using it for making a load of test VM's )-- Phone activation re-set the count again -- Ms is actually OK with phone activation - they are only worried about these keys going out on some torrent site so even the VL ones have a smallish limit when it's not a corporate volume license. I think you get between 10 and 20 before the counter gets tripped.

All OK again now. Also in future I'll Clone the VM AFTER activation so I'll only need ONE activation. You can change quite a bit of the Virtual hardware before a re-activation is required.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2015
  7. Superfly Win User
    Hi there

On checking the message it seemed that it had been activated too many times (was using it for making a load of test VM's )-- Phone activation re-set the count again -- Ms is actually OK with phone activation - they are only worried about these keys going out on some torrent site so even the VL ones have a smallish limit when it's not a corporate volume license. I think you get between 10 and 20 before the counter gets tripped.

All OK again now. Also in future I'll Clone the VM AFTER activation so I'll only need ONE activation. You can change quite a bit of the Virtual hardware before a re-activation is required.

Cheers
    jimbo Jimbo, you can use this to check your MAK count.

Superfly, Jan 1, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Jimbo, I have had the same experiences with the TechNet keys and phone activation. They tell me it has been activated too many times and I tell them it was activated on the same computer, I just experiment a lot. One that I found very interesting is that when my membership was active I got a Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 key. I looked at my account recently and they have them listed as 90 day trials.

essenbe, Jan 20, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    I heard they were going to strictly 90 day trials, but thought it would be grandfathered. Guess that answers that question.

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ????? - Similar Threads - Old Technet ISOs

2. Technet Forums Unreachable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Technet Forums Unreachable?: I searched for forums for help with IIS 10 and found some links through Google, but when I visit the site, it seems to be down. I remember being able to access this site a few years ago.Is there another site with IT help that I can...
  3. Technet Forums Unreachable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Technet Forums Unreachable?: I searched for forums for help with IIS 10 and found some links through Google, but when I visit the site, it seems to be down. I remember being able to access this site a few years ago.Is there another site with IT help that I can...
  4. validation key request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    validation key request: bitlocker key validation help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/validation-key-request/31096794-bcc2-494c-825b-746d7369bc0c
  5. Upgrade from Old technet W8.1 TWO keys shown - OEM and Installed Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Old technet W8.1 TWO keys shown - OEM and Installed Key: Hi there I notice when looking at the key after installing the W10 upgrade from an old TechNet W8.1 system there are TWO keys OEM Key (which is the old TechNet key) and Installed key which is the W10 generic key. If you do a clean install don't enter any key again or...
  6. Old unused Technet Keys You MUST activate product first before upgrade

Old unused Technet Keys You MUST activate product first before upgrade: Hi there (@Mods -- wrong Section - please move to Windows activation) If you have a load of old unused TechNet keys then doing a Clean install and entering any of these keys WON'T WORK. You need unfortunately to install the product (W7/W8/W8.1), activate (those...
  7. Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys

Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys: Hi folks If anybody was a member of the old TechNet system and have keys from those days -- W7 / W8 /W8.1 keys are still valid to be used for W10 installs. If you haven't got your keys or lost them you can still logon (use your Microsoft ID) and get your keys -- export...
  8. Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL: Hi there For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the following. 1) on the subscriber Product keys page chose EXPORT to XML 2) Save as an XML file 3) Now open with EXCEL...
  9. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available: Hi there For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more. This is good for people who for example want to get a W10 licence -- you can enter a VALID W7 / W8 / W8.1 key for example for W10...
  10. Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys)

Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys): Hi there I created some Windows images on different machines this morning (30 Jul 10:56 local time) -- still activating W10 --using old keys from my Technet subcription. If you've got some keys left and some machines grab the Free upgrade while it's still working...