Windows 10: Old temporary files generated in my C drive

Discus and support Old temporary files generated in my C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question concerning temporary files. I found these two this morning in my C Drive. tmp6B61.tmp tmp1E4C.tmp They are dated in April... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lafo91, May 7, 2020.

1. Lafo91 Win User

Old temporary files generated in my C drive

Hello, I have a question concerning temporary files.

I found these two this morning in my C Drive.

• tmp6B61.tmp
    • tmp1E4C.tmp

They are dated in April and March and when I delete them windows asks admin rights.

Is it safe to delete them? What causes this?

Kind regrds and thanks for the help.

:)

Lafo91, May 7, 2020

2. Deletion of Temporary files in C drive

Can I delete Temporary Files(62GB) in C drive .

Does it effect the remaining OS files.

AkhilTadikamalla, May 7, 2020
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, May 7, 2020
  4. gs99 Win User

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

gs99, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Old temporary files generated in my C drive - Similar Threads - Old temporary files

2. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  3. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  4. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically: Assalamu Alaikum.I am a windows 10 home user. I recently found that 3 folder automatically was generated in E drive associated with windows. At the very first when i bought it they were not there.The files are Wpsystem and windows appsAgain in C drive 4-5 folder has been...
  6. C drive is getting filled up with Temporary files and it is still getting bigger. Is there...

C drive is getting filled up with Temporary files and it is still getting bigger. Is there...: I've been looking for a proper solution to this problem and I found that TreeSize is an effective way to find and locate the cause of this problem. With it, I found 41.0 gb file named Temp. Can I just delete the contents of this folder and is it safe to do so? or Is there...
  7. When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...: I was moving my game files to the D drive, since I have more space there. But when I pasted them on the new location, The same files reappeared on the old destination. Does anyone know how to not make them reappear again?...
  8. Can't access files on old C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access files on old C: drive: Recently my old C: drive died on me. Computer randomly restarted during a game then wouldn't boot up. Happened to have a spare SSD and most of my files are stored on other drives so I went ahead and turned that into my new boot drive. I'd been meaning to update to an SSD for...
  9. Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.

Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.: Recently I Updated my Windows 10, but after the update process got complete I noticed that My C drive got completely filled but don't know with what files. I tried Disk Cleanup but no results. Then I discovered something unusual. You can understand my problem better by...
  10. Window old directory in C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Window old directory in C drive: Hi All, After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade program from MS, the old windows 7 installation has been moved a folder call Windows.old. I am not sure if this is for reverting back to Windows 7 in case Windows 10 installation fails or for some...