Windows 10: Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

Discus and support Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ladies, Gentlemen and all, On my HP Laptop 5 running Windows 10 I found about 7 or 8 networks which were "hidden" that I am unfamiliar with, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr. B. Edward, May 14, 2020.

1. Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

Ladies, Gentlemen and all,

On my HP Laptop 5 running Windows 10 I found about 7 or 8 networks which were "hidden" that I am unfamiliar with, or haven't used in a long time.
    I really would feel better if they weren't there, and that they cannot come back without my say-so.
    Having just lived through a crisis in which a "hacker" was utilizing Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, and the mobile data on my phone to gain control of my devices, I am, really leery of these "networks" especially ones that actually say "Bluetooth".
    As I am not even close to being a tech guy, I don't know how to delete all these old networks from my laptop. Can someone please help?

Respectfully,

~Brian

:)

Mr. B. Edward, May 14, 2020

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, May 14, 2020
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Old Unused Networks in  networks & sharing :)

FLY3R, May 14, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

1. Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing - Similar Threads - Old Unused Networks

2. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing: I have 5 pc's2 are Windows 73 are windows 10 one of which is a laptopall are up-to-date with windows updatesall have been run with 'Restoro' and all have System Mechanic Ultimate, and it's up-to-date.all security and sharing folders are configured to full control correctlyall...
  3. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing: I have two users on my PC, one admin and another on standard. I made a folder in standard user's account and denied write permission for admin. So, even as an admin of PC, I am not able to modify that folder. Why is this happening?...
  4. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  5. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  6. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  7. Network sharing

Network sharing: Ok, so I made a bad decision. I renamed my computer from an assigned name after I got a new hard drive. I lost sharing with two other computers in my household. They can share with each other but not me. I followed the directions about right clicking on the folder to share,...
  8. Networking and Sharing

Networking and Sharing: I got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. I tried to set it up to be visible on my home network for file sharing. But, after I set this in Network and Sharing, it reverts to 'not visible'. This works fine on my devices with Windows 10 home and 8.1, but not on this new device. Am I...
  9. Network sharing

Network sharing: I have a network with 7 computers (USING WORKGROUP). I use one for a "server" and there is one program on it that needs to be accessed from the other computers. I need to map a drive to a certain location on this "server" to run the program. All computers work fine except...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: I am not a newbie but there is a lot I have yet to learn. I do not have a homegroup set up but on my Windows 8 machine I can see all of my Windows 7 machines (2). On both of my Windows 7 machines I can see all of my other Windows 7 machine and the Windows 8 machine. My...