Windows 10: Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive

Discus and support Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have decided to migrate to Win10 while maintaining my Win7 system until I'm sure (on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ASkelton, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ASkelton Win User

Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive

Hi all, first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have decided to migrate to Win10 while maintaining my Win7 system until I'm sure (on the same box). Win 10 is installed on a new SSD, Win7 on an old SSD, with all my files held on a 1TB drive so I planned to just save any files I needed, like brower shortcuts on the storage drive.

In Win 10 I have had no issues viewing the files on this drive until today. I have a simple text file for storing information about the migration, and I can open it, but only see an old version of the file. It is fine in Win7. New files and folders I create in Win7 are not visible in Win10 at all now. What am I missing given all the old files created in Win7 are working fine?

E.G. If I boot into Windows 7 and create a folder on the root of the storage drive, called test, then boot into Windows 10 from my other SSD not only can't I see the test folder, I can create a folder named test. I've not booted into Win7 yet to see if I can see that from there.

Regards,

Alex.

:)

ASkelton, Aug 25, 2015

2. File history cleanup of removed files

Thanks, it's Win 10 Home version 1511

File history to a second internal drive. This is my 2nd attempt at getting this working reliably and I have scrapped the external drive and have started afresh.

I don't want to delete items which are old, I want to remove folders which I no longer want in the backup.

Cache folders, for example, which accumulate storage and are pointless - the 'cleanup' implies that it will cleanup folders which are excluded - but it doesn't seem to do that. Can you clarify how I can do it?

JeremiahB2014, Aug 25, 2015
  3. ConiGL Win User
    Moved my folders and files to second internal hard drive.

I moved user folders to my internal 2nd drive, My Documents ,downloads , pics ,music and old and new apps now reside on my internal second drive.What I need to know is if I need to reinstall windows will I need to move the user folders and apps back onto
    C drive and just keep my personal files on my Y drive?

ConiGL, Aug 25, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I would right click on "This PC", then manage, the storage, then disk management. In each OS make sure the disks and partitions are assigned to the drive letters that you think they are.

NavyLCDR, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive - Similar Threads - Old versions files

2. Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive: I finally managed to delete the old windows installation but now i don't know what i should do with these old folders, when i try to delete them i get a prompt that i need to delete them as admin and i don't know if i should do that....
  3. Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive: I finally managed to delete the old windows installation but now i don't know what i should do with these old folders, when i try to delete them i get a prompt that i need to delete them as admin and i don't know if i should do that....
  4. Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing user folders on 2nd drive during install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing user folders on 2nd drive during install: There was a tutorial (for Win 7) to install user folders onto a 2nd drive during the install (not moving them after). Was wondering if there was a process to do the same with Win 10 170156
  6. Installing user files on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing user files on 2nd drive: When I installed Win7 years ago there was a script that i use to install user files to a second drive on install of Win7 Is there something like that on Windows 10 Thanks 146111
  7. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.: I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.) How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?...
  8. Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions: My windowsapps folder contain multiple versions of apps i no longer have installed such as candy crush saga and disneymagic kingdoms. How can i delete the items from windowsapps?...
  9. deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive: I had a dual boot system with win10 on C. and win8 on D. I deleted windows dual boot and returned D to a normal drive. Apparently I didn't do it properly and I have all the windows folders that I cannot seem to set permissions properly to delete. I either get error cannot...
  10. Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: How to: Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 How to Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can...