Windows 10: Old volume flyout on Windows 11

Discus and support Old volume flyout on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there,I'm running latest Windows 11 on a Surace Laptop Studio yes, I've even subscribed to the beta-channel with no differenceProblem is, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LucaBühler, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Old volume flyout on Windows 11

Hello there,I'm running latest Windows 11 on a Surace Laptop Studio yes, I've even subscribed to the beta-channel with no differenceProblem is, the volume and brightness flyout is the one before the redesign see below. And I definitely prefer the new one. I've never actually seen the new flyout on my machine. It was like this from the beginning, and I thought updating would change that, but no, it stayed.I'd be really grateful, if someone could help me rid myself of this ugly old thing and get the new flyout working.Thanks in advance! :

:)

LucaBühler, Mar 11, 2022

2. Microsoft Edge, access to the Settings Flyout crashes process Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe)

Every time these open

• Settings Flyout
    • JavaScript Popups (Alert, Prompts etc)
    • Make a Web Note
    The screen goes black for a moment. The windows Event Viewer logs few entries

• DWM.exe crash
    • Windows Error Reporting
    • DWM.exe restart
    Now this leaves the settings flyout completely inaccessible.

The sequence of events and view

I click the THREE DOTS to access the settings flyout. It has basic settings. I then click the Settings Menu Item. Error is thrown, dwm.exe crash and restart. The Full Settings Menu is visible, but when I click, the buttons from Basic Settings are clicked
    instead, even though the Full Settings Flyout is visible. But this works okay if I use the TAB, SPACE and ARROWs to navigate between them.

This problem is there for a few months, even before the Anniversary Update.

Notes:

• Windows is up-to-date
    • Drivers are up-to-date
    • I am Windows Insider, but the problem is on Production Build

GaneshAlhat, Mar 11, 2022
  3. Benchmark your old DX 11 GPUs

I would like to see more DX 11 GPUs added to this list to see how they compare
    Post your Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Results

Goals:
    GTX 580
    GTX 680
    TITAN V <-- not old but not in list
    HD 6970
    RX Vega 56 <-- not old but not in list

the goal gpus are not listed yet in benchmark and neither are most in between

T4C Fantasy, Mar 11, 2022
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Old volume flyout on Windows 11

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

Old volume flyout on Windows 11

1. Old volume flyout on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Old volume flyout

2. The new 22H2 Volume Flyout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new 22H2 Volume Flyout: I just updated to 22H2 of Windows 11. I love the new Flyout for Volume adjustment right above the taskbar. But it seems when I running any games on either full-screen or borderless mode, the flyout cannot be shown above the game window so that I cannot see it.Is there a way...
  3. The new 22H2 Volume Flyout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new 22H2 Volume Flyout: I just updated to 22H2 of Windows 11. I love the new Flyout for Volume adjustment right above the taskbar. But it seems when I running any games on either full-screen or borderless mode, the flyout cannot be shown above the game window so that I cannot see it.Is there a way...
  4. Windows 11 Flyouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Flyouts: Hello, i recently installed windows 11 on an unsupported pc, it works very well but i cannot get the modern ui flyouts, they are still the same as windows 10's. If I could get some help....
  5. Old volume flyout on Windows 11

Old volume flyout on Windows 11: Hello there,I'm running latest Windows 11 on a Surace Laptop Studio yes, I've even subscribed to the beta-channel with no differenceProblem is, the volume and brightness flyout is the one before the redesign see below. And I definitely prefer the new one. I've never actually...
  6. Volume flyout not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume flyout not working: Hi, I recently upgraded to the new update for windows 11 and I noticed that when I press the volume up or down keys they don't do anything. The volume flyout isn't appearing and all of a sudden the taskbar and the explorer.exe is just going black and restarts. How can I fix...
  7. Volume flyout not working

Volume flyout not working: Hi, I recently upgraded to the new update for windows 11 and I noticed that when I press the volume up or down keys they don't do anything. The volume flyout isn't appearing and all of a sudden the taskbar and the explorer.exe is just going black and restarts. How can I fix...
  8. Windows 11 Volume flyout/OSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume flyout/OSD: I recently upgraded to windows 11, through the update assistant in the settings app.I see that some features don't seem to be working properly.The volume Flyout/OSD is the same as it was in windows 10!Also when ever I paused/played a video or some music in windows 10, the...
  9. Windows 11 Volume flyout/OSD

Windows 11 Volume flyout/OSD: I recently upgraded to windows 11, through the update assistant in the settings app.I see that some features don't seem to be working properly.The volume Flyout/OSD is the same as it was in windows 10!Also when ever I paused/played a video or some music in windows 10, the...
  10. Windows 11: Microsoft is finally redesigning the volume flyout

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: Microsoft is finally redesigning the volume flyout: Windows 11’s leaked preview brought in some interesting new additions – including improved support for multi-monitor setups and touchscreen gestures. It appears that there are some nifty features hidden away in the leaked build, including a redesigned volume flyout for media...