Windows 10: Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

Discus and support Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While analyzing the vulnerability scan results I found many old vulnerabilities like MS13-054, MS11-029, MS11-030 etc present on multiple Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rahul Kumar IN, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

While analyzing the vulnerability scan results I found many old vulnerabilities like MS13-054, MS11-029, MS11-030 etc present on multiple Windows 10 machines. But my understanding says since code causing these vulnerabilities had been fixed in old versions they shouldn't be present in newer OSes until reintroduced by regression. Even vulnerabilities present due to bad configuration, patches generally fix the default configuration.

Why old vulns are present on newer WIndows 10?

:)

Rahul Kumar IN, Feb 11, 2019

2. Update OLD Device with WM 6.1 to a newer version?

Hi I have an old device, E-TEN G500 with WM6.1 on it, can i update to a newer version? and how?

LionHeart_75, Feb 11, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

1. Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows - Similar Threads - Old Vulerabilities Newer

2. Problem with old games on newer windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with old games on newer windows: The problem comes when I run an older game on Windows 11 and Windows says whether that program works or not?? For some reason, I don't know if it was a problem with Windows itself, but with hardware. Example GTA San Andreas???...
  3. Problem with old games on newer windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with old games on newer windows: The problem comes when I run an older game on Windows 11 and Windows says whether that program works or not?? For some reason, I don't know if it was a problem with Windows itself, but with hardware. Example GTA San Andreas???...
  4. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  5. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...: I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been formatted to the older version of windows 10.It is just a bit slow in this version.Now can i update it to the latest version of...
  8. updating to a newer version of windows

updating to a newer version of windows: Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version. No...
  9. will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds: for example assume i tried to install nvidia driver version 445.87 on windows 10 build 1511. will i be allowed to do that or i won't and i will get an error message during the setup which says i am installing driver on an incompatible version of windows? if the setup worked...
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...