Windows 10: old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3

Discus and support old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; old webcam will not work. how to change usb 3 to usb2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nickparham1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3

old webcam will not work. how to change usb 3 to usb2

:)

nickparham1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. louiscox1 Win User

new comp same old crap

No im not using ie its sad but chrome works better on a comp that is a week old and ie comes preloaded no it has nothing to do with the updates i scan it says it is up to date ...i had a comp that was running 7 and updated ut to 10 after about 2 weeks
    of hell i reverted back to 7 well the Hp windows comp finally burnt up so i had no choice but to get a new one like i said nee comp sam old crap ..i have a note 8 phone that works on all aspects of the net better than a brand new comp with 8 giggs if ram and
    2 t harddrive with a t5 wish i knew

louiscox1, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 17, 2019
  4. old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3

Usb Webcam help

so i got this cheap USB webcam A4Tech PK-810G which is driver free.(plug and play) to use with FB video call or somethin like that. *Roll :roll:

I tried to plug it in. Windows 7 64 bit tried to install it,

Installing device driver software...
    driver software was not successfully installed.*Mad old webcam will not work on comp.   says usb needs to be 2 not usb3 :mad:

and it appeared on the device manager but without the proper icons and with a yellow triangle on it.

I tried it on my brothers' PCs(same OS) and it worked without any issues at all.

can anyone help me? what may be the problem here?, and oh, my usb ports work. I am using USB mouse, USB gamepad, USB Apple Charger, USB Bluetooth. only the webcam doesnt work, I tried unplugging all other USB device and just the webcam, still didn't work.

I think it might be an OS related problem.

help plsssss and I dont wanna reinstall OS just for a webcam, I searched google for hours but i cant find a solution *Bang Head :banghead:

lyndonguitar, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3

1. old webcam will not work on comp. says usb needs to be 2 not usb3 - Similar Threads - old webcam comp

2. USB Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Webcam not working: I was gonna attend my online class and plugged in my USB Webcam. When I plugged in my Webcam, It doesn't work. When I opened my Device Manager, I saw that my Webcam USB Driver isn't showing up. Can you please help me solve this problem?...
  3. USB Webcam not working

USB Webcam not working: Hi, I have a ASUS GL503VM with an integrated webcam but have recently purchased a new one for increased video quality. However, it does not appear to work. The computer reads, shows it installed and says it is ready to work, but the screen is black when in use. Here is...
  4. usb webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam: how to change USB webcam to front facing image, how can I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam/2a91ecdf-440c-41c6-83dd-9a947e72c630
  5. USB connected webcam not working

USB connected webcam not working: Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have...
  6. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

USB Webcam not working on Windows 10: The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." The driver software is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693. Attempted "Update...
  7. 2 USB 3.0 ports Working, but not working. [NEED HELP]

2 USB 3.0 ports Working, but not working. [NEED HELP]: Okay, so awhile back I needed to reformat my PC because of some issues I had. I use 2 external Harddrives to back up most of my files for the past 10 years Switching them out for new ones of course and transferring everything over. After my last Format and new SSD...
  8. USB Webcam

USB Webcam: I have a cheap PIAEK and it worked fine until a few days ago. It works but it restarts every few minutes. This happens in all USB ports so I know it is not a port problem. I checked to see if the driver needed to be updated but it was current. If my driver is corrupt, where...
  9. Will a USB3 work in a USB2 socket

in Windows 10 Support
    Will a USB3 work in a USB2 socket: My computer is eight years and I am presuming it has USB2. I am not interested in speed but want to use a WD Element with a 3 USB for an external back up. Is it workable please? 117406
  10. Composite USB not right for USB3. HP laserjet not working!

Composite USB not right for USB3. HP laserjet not working!: The composite USB drive is not right for USB3??? Please help on the fix for this. My HP LaserJet stopped working after a win 10 update!!!...