Windows 10: old win 8.1 drive

Discus and support old win 8.1 drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; just looking for some thoughts I just upgraded my ssd 200 to a 500gig. While swapping it out, I found the original Hdd was still installed. 200 gig WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Mar 31, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

old win 8.1 drive

just looking for some thoughts
    I just upgraded my ssd 200 to a 500gig. While swapping it out, I found the original Hdd was still
    installed. 200 gig WD with windows 8.1 installed and working.
    So two questions.
    If I were to plug it up Would this create a conflict with Win 10 pro installed
    on the SSd?
    Should I Modify the windows Bootloader to give me a choice between 8.1 and 10?
    Or just use the bios boot order?
    just so you know I have no experience in running two versions of Windows on 1 machine.
    Loading Linux (any flavor) was much easier as dual boot.

;

:)

thomaseg1, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Martti__R Win User

Old win 7/8 photoviewer in win 10 ?

Hi !

I would like to use the old win7/8 photo viewer in my win 10 machine to watch photos.

Otherwise the old photoviewer works fine but the sorting of the pictures is annoying: if I

-have JPG and RAW files in same directory and

-sort them by type so that in file manager lists the jpg's first,

-double click the first JPG (the old photoviewer displays the first jpg correctly but) but

-when I try to see the next picture by pressing the arrow on bottom, the photo viewer shows the RAW file, not the next JPG (in win 8 this works fine).

Is there any possibility to change the old photoviewer to work as it does in win8 ?

Thanks for help, Martti

Martti__R, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

old win 8.1 drive

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

old win 8.1 drive

1. old win 8.1 drive - Similar Threads - old drive

2. Forgotten Windows 10 Product Key on old drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forgotten Windows 10 Product Key on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  3. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  4. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  5. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  7. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  8. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...
  10. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...