Windows 10: Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors

Discus and support Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a i7-5500U laptop with 6 GB ram with onboard video HD Graphics 5500 Windows 10 I recently added a ultra wide screen to my computer and want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandyFagan, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors

I have a i7-5500U laptop with 6 GB ram with onboard video HD Graphics 5500 Windows 10

I recently added a ultra wide screen to my computer and want to add another.

The first problem is that if my computer shuts down after hours when I try to reboot or wake it I only get a purple line across the top of my computer.

I a have to unplug the HDMI cable and hard reboot to recover. Is this a firmware issue?

The second problem is I only have the one HDMI port no video ports either.

How do I correct the purple line/lockup?

And how do I add a second ultra wide or is that even possible with the older laptop?

:)

RandyFagan, Aug 24, 2020
  2. ndbinh Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Ultra-wide monitor

Is there any body, who can properly project from a PC/ laptop to an 3440x1440 external Ultra-wide monitor using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

PS: "properly" means the Ultra-wide monitor runs on 3440x1440 resolution mode.

ndbinh, Aug 24, 2020
  3. ERrnesST Win User
    Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that is ultra-wide. Imagine being able to run a program in 'full-screen' with the benefits of a seamless border
    but not encompassing the entire screen space. It would also make accessing the menu and apps just as easy as when separate monitors are used. Basically emulating multi-monitor displays but on ultra-wide.

ERrnesST, Aug 24, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors

Ultra Wide monitors (21:9 ratio) doesn't work on Windows 10

Hi deanerino

Do you have an ultra wide monitor connected to your Surface, when only those resolutions appear?

DaveM121, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors

1. Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors - Similar Threads - Old Win10 Laptop

2. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window snapping on ultra wide screens: Hi guys,I have always found the windows key and arrow key useful for dividing the screen quickly into two equally spaced work areas on the screen. Is there a way of snapping into three. I.e. using the centre third. I am aware of an app called magnet on OSX is there a method...
  3. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window snapping on ultra wide screens: Hi guys,I have always found the windows key and arrow key useful for dividing the screen quickly into two equally spaced work areas on the screen. Is there a way of snapping into three. I.e. using the centre third. I am aware of an app called magnet on OSX is there a method...
  4. Best Gaming/Ultra Wide Monitor for 2080 RTX Super?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best Gaming/Ultra Wide Monitor for 2080 RTX Super?: Let me start off by saying I don't know what the hell is going on with these. There's like 500 million options. People say 2080 RTX Super is good for 144mhz and some say otherwise. I also day trade so I was looking for a nice big ass, ultra wide monitor to keep all the charts...
  5. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  6. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  7. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

8. About ultra-wide monitors seething

About ultra-wide monitors seething: I have a laptop, installed windows 11 system, the laptop has two graphics cards, one is intel hd 630, the other is NV GF gtx1050, and both drivers are installed correctly. Recently I purchased an ultra-widescreen monitor resolution 3440*1440, as an external monitor, how do I...
  9. About ultra-wide monitors seething

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About ultra-wide monitors seething: I have a laptop, installed windows 11 system, the laptop has two graphics cards, one is intel hd 630, the other is NV GF gtx1050, and both drivers are installed correctly. Recently I purchased an ultra-widescreen monitor resolution 3440*1440, as an external monitor, how do I...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Ultra-wide monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Ultra-wide monitor: Is there any body, who can properly project from a PC/ laptop to an 3440x1440 external Ultra-wide monitor using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter? PS: "properly" means the Ultra-wide monitor runs on 3440x1440 resolution mode....