Windows 10: Old Windows 10 Files

Discus and support Old Windows 10 Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLOB, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JLOB Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files; Windows.old, Windows.old.000 and Windows.old.001. All of these are more than four months old, negating the notion that they will go away by themselves given time. Can someone give me a straight answer as to how I delete, or otherwise lose, these files? It’s a tight drive and frankly, I need the space. I’ve tried every published suggestion to no avail.
    Thanks.

:)

JLOB, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

Delta6326, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Old Windows 10 Files

1. Old Windows 10 Files - Similar Threads - Old Files

2. Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?: I created a new Microsoft account on the laptop that I’ve bought recently. I’d like to know if I can transfer the files from my old Microsoft account that I used before....
  3. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder: Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below). [ATTACH] Downloads folder: [ATTACH] The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense...
  4. Folder "Search" not deleting old file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder "Search" not deleting old file names: For some reason my computer isn't deleting old file names. Example: I have a picture named "Bob 1.0". I then change the name to "Bob 2.0". I then move that picture from Folder 1A to Folder 2B. When I do a search for "Bob" I get three results: I get "Bob 1.0", "Bob 2.0" in...
  5. Unable to retrieve old files of Turbo Tax after resetting Windows 10

Unable to retrieve old files of Turbo Tax after resetting Windows 10: I had TurboTax from the past 7 years on my PC with Windows 10. It got wonky so I had to reset it. Now none of the shortcuts will work and I had substantial progress on my 2018 return. The Windows 10 reset says it will keep your files, but apparently not....
  6. Computer files programs transfer old to new

Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  7. How to copy contact address files from an old m/c running windows vista, to a new m/c...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy contact address files from an old m/c running windows vista, to a new m/c...: I have copied the contacts list from the old m/c onto a memory stick and transferred these into the contacts file on the new m/c ~ although I can see the files are there, the e-mail system does not seem to read them ~ any ideas please,...
  8. all old files became a "djvuu" file format after reinstalling windows 10

all old files became a "djvuu" file format after reinstalling windows 10: hello after reinstalling windows 10 to my pc I faced problem in open all old files ,all old files formats like 'jpg,pdf,png,txt,etc..' has been transformed to 'djvuu' type which it can't open what's the problem ? [ATTACH]...
  9. Running old dBase IV file in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running old dBase IV file in Windows: I have a dBase IV file that I created in 1991. I would like to hear suggestions on how best to load an use the file. I have a Windows 10 computer and a Windows7 computer that also has a XP virtual machine....
  10. No sound when playing old .WAV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound when playing old .WAV files: I have a CD with WAV files on it which are dated in 1994. When I go to play them using Groove or WMP they look like they are playing but produce no sound. These sound files used to play long ago (I don't remember when). Other WAV files ripped from music CDs work OK. Any...