Windows 10: Old Windows 10 Files

Discus and support Old Windows 10 Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLOB, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JLOB Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files; Windows.old, Windows.old.000 and Windows.old.001. All of these are more than four months old, negating the notion that they will go away by themselves given time. Can someone give me a straight answer as to how I delete, or otherwise lose, these files? It’s a tight drive and frankly, I need the space. I’ve tried every published suggestion to no avail.
    Thanks.

:)

JLOB, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

Delta6326, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Old Windows 10 Files

1. Old Windows 10 Files - Similar Threads - Old Files

2. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  3. purging old update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  4. I have an old HP1320 printer i use a workhorse for printing large B&W files Driver will not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an old HP1320 printer i use a workhorse for printing large B&W files Driver will not...: New Lenovo X1 Carbon Win 10- HP1320 printer off of USB port I have downloaded appropriate 64 bit driver from HPs site. I have tried to install and uninstall 5 times now. Installation runs and computer says printer is set up but yet in printers tab it says driver is...
  5. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .: [img] Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be collecting my emails for me. In fact, I tried to send an email from one of my accounts to another one and it told me I don't...
  6. If I update from 1709 to 1803 and then delete all the .Old Windows files, will a factory...

If I update from 1709 to 1803 and then delete all the .Old Windows files, will a factory...: Or will it revert me back to 1709? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/if-i-update-from-1709-to-1803-and-then-delete-all/98c41aff-88c1-47f8-883d-74f1b20a6e4b
  7. Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Gaining permission to an old hard drive files: Hi. I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not to use it. Now that I decide to copy its data from C drive, It says you don't have access and you need to fix the premission...
  8. Download folder shows old deleted files when search for needed file

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder shows old deleted files when search for needed file: I chose not to put this in the virtualization section because I don't think this problem is VirtualBox. I'm trying to run another os on VirtualBox so I download the iso image. All my downloads are found in the downloads folder and the iso I download is shown along with a...
  9. How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...: I have old user files left after deleting user. How do i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-fo-i-remove-an-old-users-files-left-sfter/32f5b559-f0f2-4796-b966-e32f59adad40"
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e