Windows 10: Old Windows 10 Files

Discus and support Old Windows 10 Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLOB, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JLOB Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

I have a few computers, all of which are running various builds of Windows 10 Pro. One of them, running 1709-16299.431, has three old version files; Windows.old, Windows.old.000 and Windows.old.001. All of these are more than four months old, negating the notion that they will go away by themselves given time. Can someone give me a straight answer as to how I delete, or otherwise lose, these files? It’s a tight drive and frankly, I need the space. I’ve tried every published suggestion to no avail.
    Thanks.

:)

JLOB, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Old Windows 10 Files

Delta6326, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Old Windows 10 Files

1. Old Windows 10 Files - Similar Threads - Old Files

2. old programs and files missing after the update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old programs and files missing after the update:: Sirs: I updated from Microsoft 10 to Microsoft 10 edge: all my files that I had before the upgrade. e-mail settings various and freewill programs Programs to make business cards bunch more files and program that no longer in my hard drive that I can find: thanks for...
  3. transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...: how do I get all my files from old tablet to my new laptop sounds easy but looks hard... im using same emails as before do I need a transfer cord plugged in to tablet it will not turn on fully charged new laptop up and running need help early Christmas gift...
  4. My old computer is a windows XP, new is a windows 10. How to transfer files using a cable...

My old computer is a windows XP, new is a windows 10. How to transfer files using a cable...: My old computer is a windows XP, new is a windows 10. How to transfer files using a cable for connection? * Moved from XP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-computer-is-a-windows-xp-new-is-a-windows/a739853c-3507-4f8a-9f43-d0bb0d081ce7"
  5. where did my old excel files go?

where did my old excel files go?: where did my old excel files go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-old-excel-files-go/7aca07ef-3912-4e4e-99df-24df89846055"
  6. Win10 keeps compressing C drive files (new and old). Cannot stop it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 keeps compressing C drive files (new and old). Cannot stop it.: Dear Tenforums users, I have recently (I think it started less than a week ago) encountered problems or rather peculiarities with my Lenovo laptop: two blue arrows started appearing on nearly all my files and folders (image files, Word documents e.g.). In addition, whenever...
  7. Transfer files and pitures from my old laptop computer to a new laptop with out downloading...

Transfer files and pitures from my old laptop computer to a new laptop with out downloading...: I just purchase a new Dell computer with windows 10 and would like to easy Transfer all of my files and pictures from my old laptop to the new. All my computers are on a network in my house. Please let me know if there is a way to transfer using the wifi in the house....
  8. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  9. Old files not showing up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Old files not showing up in Windows Search: Hello everyone! Recently I have bought a new SSD drive and I decided not to clone the old drive, but to install a new system (Windows 10). Everything is fine, except that when I try to use Windows Search for old files that are on my other two drives they don't appear (also...
  10. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...