Windows 10: Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update

Discus and support Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had this ACER laptop for many many years now and it still holds up for basic functions like watching videos and using discord and whatnot, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by InoshiKenshi, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update

I've had this ACER laptop for many many years now and it still holds up for basic functions like watching videos and using discord and whatnot, its always had Windows 10. A few days ago I got an update on it as per normal and on my Desktop PC. Then after an hour or two of it being on, on the bottom right corner it says "Activate Windows" so I type in activate windows into cortana search bar and I get an error: 0x800704cf - so I do troubleshooting then I get error code: 0x800704cf

The text goes away when I restart the laptop but comes back anyway. I have not changed anything on the laptop via internet settings or anything of that kind, only windows updates I've allowed as they force themselves in anyway.

If you need any kind of information let me know, my desktop PC has not had this problem, only my laptop so I'm confused what's going on.

:)

InoshiKenshi, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2020
  3. JanJan Win User
    How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Hi all,

I have a laptop that came with windows 7. I just recently updated to windows 10 with the OTA update.

I would like to clean out my hard drive but still want to keep a genuine windows 10 (like I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10). How can I do it?

Thank you

JanJan, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Image it to another drive with Acronis or Norton Ghost.

Schmuckley, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update

1. Old Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to activate windows after recent update - Similar Threads - Old Laptop keeps

2. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  3. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  4. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  5. Windows asking for activation after an update

Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  6. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  8. Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking to be activated after most recent update: Hello,My Recently updated a windows feature update the other day. the one that added the stupid weather thing to my taskbar. Now I have an overlay constantly telling me to activate windows. I have a legitimate copy of windows I've been using for years. I go to activation and...
  9. Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.: After the recent Update for windows 10 , my computer now says that I have to activate windows all of the sudden where I never had the issue for I have a legal version of windows 10. Please help me resolve this issue for I am not paying for another product key if I have the...
  10. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated: Not sure if I need to post this here or in /r/techsupport , but here goes: Since a week my Windows 10 gives the message: "Windows 10 is not activated, please activate now." I then go to settings and select "fix this problem." Windows activates itself again and it says...