Windows 10: Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

Discus and support Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So here's what's going on...I used to build my own boxes 10+ years ago. Met a girl in 2013, got married, had kids, bought houses and finally decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisL_370, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

So here's what's going on...I used to build my own boxes 10+ years ago. Met a girl in 2013, got married, had kids, bought houses and finally decided to bust out this old Desktop with Windows 8.1 that was purchased from a big box retailer Walmart/Best Buy probably around 2013 or 2014. I did upgrade the mechanical HDD to a SSD in 2018 and of course had to do a reinstall but never ended up really using it and put it in a box for storage. The rest of my hardware remains the same as from the original install from DISC. I now get the window popup that says Windows Is Not Activated. I go try to act

:)

ChrisL_370, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

1. Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate?? - Similar Threads - Old Desktop Brought

2. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  3. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  4. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows on old company laptop: Ok so I purchased an ASUS SonicMaster a few weeks ago from someone on FB Marketplace and I'm regretting it. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed, which I later discovered has been blacklisted?? I attempted to update to the latest version of Windows 11 and realized that there...
  6. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows on old company laptop: Ok so I purchased an ASUS SonicMaster a few weeks ago from someone on FB Marketplace and I'm regretting it. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed, which I later discovered has been blacklisted?? I attempted to update to the latest version of Windows 11 and realized that there...
  7. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??: So here's what's going on...I used to build my own boxes 10+ years ago. Met a girl in 2013, got married, had kids, bought houses and finally decided to bust out this old Desktop with Windows 8.1 that was purchased from a big box retailer Walmart/Best Buy probably around 2013...
  9. Windows 8 key exsauted can't activate windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 key exsauted can't activate windows 11: hi everyone i upgraded to windows 11 from windows 8 using a retail key, I have upgraded my motherboard and CPU many times since owning the key from 2012. Microsoft support is telling me the key has been exsauted and I need to buy a new key after I replaced my motherboard and...
  10. Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop: I could connect before when I was running Windows 8 on my laptop to my Win 8 desktop. Now running Windows 10 build 9926 on my laptop I try to connect to my Windows 8 desktop it asks for a password which is never did before. I have changed my Win 10 laptop to private network...