Windows 10: Old windows files

Discus and support Old windows files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; unfortunately after updating with Win 10 2004 I dropped the "Windows.old" folder onto my desktop and it tries to sync with OneDrive Tried delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardRS2, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Old windows files

unfortunately after updating with Win 10 2004 I dropped the "Windows.old" folder onto my desktop and it tries to sync with OneDrive

Tried delete the folder and all files but no matter what I do i get an "access denied" error even though I have changed attributes and i am the admin for the machine.

Tried from command line using rd /s /q still access denied

Any further suggestions plese??

:)

RichardRS2, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Old windows files

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Old windows files

1. Old windows files - Similar Threads - Old files

2. old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...: My new window 11 has micro 365 and I can not see all of my pic at one time.They are in files and when I open it I just get pic # and no real pic...
  3. old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...: My new window 11 has micro 365 and I can not see all of my pic at one time.They are in files and when I open it I just get pic # and no real pic...
  4. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  5. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  6. safe website for old money plus sunset installation files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    safe website for old money plus sunset installation files: I have money plus sunset on my old computer and have just bought a new computer & would like to install on that one. I know Microsoft no longer supports the application but is there a safe site that I can download the money sunset installation files from? or a safe forum that...
  7. safe website for old money plus sunset installation files

safe website for old money plus sunset installation files: I have money plus sunset on my old computer and have just bought a new computer & would like to install on that one. I know Microsoft no longer supports the application but is there a safe site that I can download the money sunset installation files from? or a safe forum that...
  8. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...: I reset my computer a few months ago because I was worried I had downloaded a virus. I reset my computer again today and chose to erase all files and downloads. I clicked "local reinstall. reinstall windows from this device". I also chose keep windows 10. when my computer...
  9. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...: I reset my computer a few months ago because I was worried I had downloaded a virus. I reset my computer again today and chose to erase all files and downloads. I clicked "local reinstall. reinstall windows from this device". I also chose keep windows 10. when my computer...
  10. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade