Windows 10: Old windows on new PC

Discus and support Old windows on new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sunny_mcdermott, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Old windows on new PC

Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again.

:)

sunny_mcdermott, Sep 23, 2022

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Sep 23, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Old windows on new PC

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Old windows on new PC

1. Old windows on new PC - Similar Threads - Old

2. How do I delete old or duplicate messages my pc I Cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete old or duplicate messages my pc I Cloud?: I keep getting message that my I Cloud storage is full and that I need to buy more. I know I have old and duplicate message that should be deleted from my pc, but I have no idea how to go about it. Please help me. I am 76 years old and not very tech savvy....
  3. How do I delete old or duplicate messages my pc I Cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete old or duplicate messages my pc I Cloud?: I keep getting message that my I Cloud storage is full and that I need to buy more. I know I have old and duplicate message that should be deleted from my pc, but I have no idea how to go about it. Please help me. I am 76 years old and not very tech savvy....
  4. How do I delete old or duplicate messages my pc I Cloud?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it impossible to use old programs using .mdb database file in windows11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it impossible to use old programs using .mdb database file in windows11 ?: It worked well in windows 10 - 64 bitsbut I can't use it in windows 11 with this error code.The 'databases.mdb' is at correct path but the computer can't recognize it in windows 11 system.is there any solution to solve this problem..?...
  6. Is it impossible to use old programs using .mdb database file in windows11 ?

Is it impossible to use old programs using .mdb database file in windows11 ?: It worked well in windows 10 - 64 bitsbut I can't use it in windows 11 with this error code.The 'databases.mdb' is at correct path but the computer can't recognize it in windows 11 system.is there any solution to solve this problem..?...
  7. How do I activate new windows 11 install with an old windows 10 bootable thumbdrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate new windows 11 install with an old windows 10 bootable thumbdrive?: I have a windows 10 thumbdrive that I bought a while ago but couldn't find. So I made a windows 11 installation drive and used that for my new computer. I found the old drive and would like to use that license to activate windows on the new computer. Is this possible to do...
  8. How do I activate new windows 11 install with an old windows 10 bootable thumbdrive?

How do I activate new windows 11 install with an old windows 10 bootable thumbdrive?: I have a windows 10 thumbdrive that I bought a while ago but couldn't find. So I made a windows 11 installation drive and used that for my new computer. I found the old drive and would like to use that license to activate windows on the new computer. Is this possible to do...
  9. WIN11 problem with old games needed DX9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN11 problem with old games needed DX9: Hi everyone, I have Windows 11 on a new laptop and I've hit a wall when trying to install DirectX9.0c which is needed by most of the older games that I still play. I've used Microsoft's official DX Redist like you suggested in that case: Windows 11 and DirectX9.0c support -...
  10. WIN11 problem with old games needed DX9

WIN11 problem with old games needed DX9: Hi everyone, I have Windows 11 on a new laptop and I've hit a wall when trying to install DirectX9.0c which is needed by most of the older games that I still play. I've used Microsoft's official DX Redist like you suggested in that case: Windows 11 and DirectX9.0c support -...