Windows 10: Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials

Discus and support Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was given my old work computer after our company sold and I just realized I don't have any of the admin credentials. I would like to remove the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZachVictor, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials

I was given my old work computer after our company sold and I just realized I don't have any of the admin credentials. I would like to remove the computer from the domain so I can have admin privileges and add virus protection, etc. Every time I do anything, it asks for credentials and I can't get any further. Is there a way to get rid of the domain and get admin privileges so that I can use this as my computer now?

:)

ZachVictor, Jul 17, 2021

2. Join domain option missing

If you have updated to Fall Creator's Update 1709, do the following to add your Windows 10 system to the domain.

• Go to the search box
    • Type "system", press Enter
    • The old Windows system screen will appear
    • Select Change Settings
    • Select Change
    • Enter your computer name
    • Enter your Domain name
    • Select ok
    • Enter your admin credentials
    • Restart the computer

Hope this helps.

donnarasmussen_5012, Jul 17, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Matt18 Win User

Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials

1. Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials - Similar Threads - Old computer old

2. Network credentials don't work on one Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network credentials don't work on one Computer: I have 2 Window 11 computers. I cannot access my main computer to share files. It asks me to put in my network credentials. I am using my Microsoft account and password. It works on my main computer but when I try to enter into my second computer the response is always bad...
  3. I think I have a old computer lmao

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I have a old computer lmao: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thecoolgamer76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yw5jw1/i_think_i_have_a_old_computer_lmao/
  4. I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great.: I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great. Now with this one it is making me download an app instead of being able to login online. It will not bring me to sign in screen and there is no way to upload images. Is this a circut issue?...
  5. I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great.: I have a Circut machine and on my old computer it worked great. Now with this one it is making me download an app instead of being able to login online. It will not bring me to sign in screen and there is no way to upload images. Is this a circut issue?...
  6. I don't have admin..

I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  7. Not taking my old credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not taking my old credentials: I have old Microsoft account and had written somewhere safe. Now I can't find it where I had written. Also my recovery email id not receiving recovery link. What should i do?...
  8. PC Upgraded, don't have the old system

PC Upgraded, don't have the old system: So I upgraded my RAM, CPU and motherboard and now my windows 10 is no longer deemed activated and I don't have access to the old system. Is there anything I can do to get windows 10 back without having to spend £110? Just spent all of my money on the system upgrade. Edit:...
  9. deleteing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleteing old admin: my exfriend set herself up as the administrator on my computer and I have no way of signing in to her account. selling laptop and need to factory reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-old-admin/d706e0f9-e868-4cc3-bb31-57b966a00da1
  10. removing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing old admin: I just bought this laptop windows 10 and the old administrator is still here. How do I remove him and put me as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-old-admin/fdb2e432-2b8b-45fc-88ba-78fb43e0a5a9