Windows 10: older aps

Discus and support older aps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I get older aps that I had on my old computer it was 8.1 ,I have 10 now *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardBucker1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. older aps

how do I get older aps that I had on my old computer it was 8.1 ,I have 10 now

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks!!

:)

EdwardBucker1, Oct 13, 2018
  2. geoffers Win User

Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...

Hi dashbois - frustrating innit *Sad....
    From my research I reckon the issue is probably (possibly) only present with older APs which only support WPA-TKIP, which I understand was removed from Win8 and is not present in Win10.
    • What are you using as your home AP?
    • Is your AP currently set up using WPA as the connection protocol?
    • Does it have the option to use WPA2-AES? If so change the connection type on the AP: your Win10 PC should then be able to connect to it, but you'll have to re-connect your other devices as they'll have to re-negotiate their connection/passcodes.
    • If your AP doesn't have the option to select WPA2-AES, you can try using the less secure WEP protocol which Win10 still supports. This uses a string of hexadecimal characters as the passcode - so a 128-bit wep key would use a 13 character hex string (26 characters), something like "61446741743258293f77616b69". Again you'd have to set up your other devices to use the same string as their passcode.
    Hope this helps.....

geoffers, Oct 13, 2018
  3. BritGrit Win User
    Install will not proceed without manually uninstalling unsupported Ap.

However - Ap (Roxio BackupMyPC) is NOT installed. It does not appear in the list of installed programs, OR anywhere in the registry OR in any file on my PC. ????

Any suggestions ? :-(

BritGrit, Oct 13, 2018
  4. MaryDowie Win User

older aps

Aps on desktop and Start Up Aps

I have 9 aps which have suddenly gone dark with exclamation marks in corners. Also they are greyed out in start up aps. I am not bothered about some but would like to activate the Store ap as I go into this quite often to browse.

Not very computer literate but would really like to reactivate. Simple steps please.

MaryDowie, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

older aps

1. older aps - Similar Threads - older aps

2. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  3. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  4. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Removing older app updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing older app updates: Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck...
  6. Removing older app updates

Removing older app updates: Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck...
  7. Help getting older program installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help getting older program installed: Hello - hoping someone has an answer for me for this issue...I have an older copy of Adobe Creative Suite that has two discs. And on my old pc which since has died I could install the program via the DVD drive with no problem. However, on my newer pc, when I put DVD #1 in the...
  8. Help getting older program installed

Help getting older program installed: Hello - hoping someone has an answer for me for this issue...I have an older copy of Adobe Creative Suite that has two discs. And on my old pc which since has died I could install the program via the DVD drive with no problem. However, on my newer pc, when I put DVD #1 in the...
  9. Help getting older program installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...: This is probably teaching people to suck eggs, but may help clear things up for some readers... I was unable to connect to an older (backup) AP in Win10, but Win7 and my phone, tablet etc could connect no problem - these were connecting using WPA-TKIP, but MS now only...