Windows 10: Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10

Discus and support Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, so I have acquired a Canon Imageclass 4270 Printer. I downloaded the drivers from the canon page and installed, I do not have a usb cable and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngieHardy2, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10

OK, so I have acquired a Canon Imageclass 4270 Printer.

I downloaded the drivers from the canon page and installed, I do not have a usb cable and my computer found the printer through network (cable plugged from printer to router).

everything went well with the driver install and it printed a test page.

However that is where my luck ended. The printer has set itself to "offline" with no option to change it that I can find. It tells me that my printer is powered off, however it is not.

I followed advice in a forum that suggested to change my ports configuration and turn off SNMP and while that changed that offline setting to "que" it still did not actually print anything. Also, while in there I did confirm that the port name and printer name were the same.

I don't know if its related, but the printer keeps complaining that im using the wrong paper and will print anyhow after I say go ahead. It copies just fine.

Any ideas? I have the install disk, however my laptop doesn't have a disc drive... Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10 :(

:)

AngieHardy2, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Printer not working with Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2018
  3. printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 1, 2018
  4. BRIAN_970 Win User

Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10

installing an older printer on windows 10

Hi . I have an older printer, HP Photosmart 7660, that I am trying to install onto a windows 10 PC. It is connected by a USB cable, and I have the instillation disk. It would not install. I have also tried using the printer install wizard and that could
    not locate the printer. It will show up in the device manager, in duplicate, with a message that there is no driver. Under devises it is listed as a storage device and not a printer. Is there any way to get this printer installed onto that windows 10 computer?

BRIAN_970, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10

1. Older Cancon printer not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Older Cancon printer

2. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  3. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    older hp printer detected but is offline: I have an older HP printer Photosmart C5180 All in one which I was running with my PC Windows XP I have just upgraded with a new PC running Windows 10. I downloaded and installed from the HP website the latest driver file name: AIO_CDA_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe. When I go...
  5. Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer: I tried everything to fix this and all the suggestions but all did not work until I discovered this. This fixed my issue and I was able to get my driverless printer for Windows 10 to work. I hope this helps you as well. I appreciate the suggestions and wanted to share this as...
  6. Older Programs Working On Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Older Programs Working On Windows 10: Will an older version of Photoscape work on Windows 10, without messing Windows 10 up? It's the only version that I'm use to. I tried Photoscape X, but I cannot use it, because it doesn't have the features that I'm use to. When I bring the older version of Photoscape up, it...
  7. How to get older drivers to work in Windows 10

How to get older drivers to work in Windows 10: Hello, I hope you can help me. We at school recently purchased a new computer, and installed Win 10. But unfortunately our microscope which has a digital camera Olympus DP25 does not work. to be more precise, when installing the driver for the camera, it simply nothing...
  8. Older Games will not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games will not work on Windows 10: Hello, My brothers and I received new laptops for Christmas and not one of us can play the games Star Ward battlefront, Star Wars Clone campaigns or Age of Empire II. I have tried changing the compatibility settings to Windows 7 along with the troubleshooter and they did not...
  9. older printer hp photosmart 7350 will not work with windows 10

older printer hp photosmart 7350 will not work with windows 10: ok had installed printer and it was fine except it would not print no communication to printer from computer...que, drivers, every test that could be run has been. then it tells me as I was ready to uninstall and start over that printer to old, no drivers for it???? Yet...
  10. Windows 10 / Printer not working

Windows 10 / Printer not working: My wife upgraded her Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 about a month or so ago and everything has been fine until this past weekend when she tried to print. The printer was old so I gave it to my daughter and went to get my wife and I a new wireless printer. (HP Officejet Pro...