Windows 10: Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

Discus and support Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have a lot of older disc games for my pc. Most of them downloaded but won't play on my Windows 10 os. I checked around and seems it's something MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Manis, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

So I have a lot of older disc games for my pc. Most of them downloaded but won't play on my Windows 10 os. I checked around and seems it's something MS added to 10 so we can't play them. This is some of what I found: DRM blocking was introduced with Win10, and Win10 is the only OS which has no option to disable this protection racket. A User on/off option would have been considerate.
    - MS then installed DRM Blocking to Win7/8/8.1 users subversively via 'security' update - KB3086255 .
    So basically what we have with DRM blocking is a malware installed by MS .

[A malware being a code that a user unwittingly installs, or does not give permission to, that causes problems

with their machine. In this instance the malware prevents people from playing older disk based games.] That we paid for to work with Windows.

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO OR DOWNLOAD TO GET THESE GAMES TO WORK ON WINDOWS 10? A lot of money was invested in these and I would still love to be able to play these great games. Thank you.

:)

John Manis, Aug 10, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

Star Wars Gold Pack won' work in Windows 10 i have the disk an the codes for me to activate it an the game wont run

Hi,

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work on Windows 10. However,
    some older programs might run poorly or not at all.

To resolve your concern, you may run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following the steps on this link to
    automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

1. Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Older Disc Games

2. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  3. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  4. How to install older discs xp or 7 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install older discs xp or 7 on windows 10: I wondered if anyone knows how to install a disk that was made for windows XP and Windows 7. As you can tell I am a fan of angry birds and wanted to install the games from my owned discs but when I put them in my disc drive nothing pops up to install. I don't know if I'm...
  5. How to install older discs xp or 7 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install older discs xp or 7 on windows 10: I wondered if anyone knows how to install a disk that was made for windows XP and Windows 7. As you can tell I am a fan of angry birds and wanted to install the games from my owned discs but when I put them in my disc drive nothing pops up to install. I don't know if I'm...
  6. How to install older discs xp or 7 on windows 10

7. Older Windows games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows games: 1. Does anyone know where I can download these older games & if there is a way to get them working on Windows 10? Chip's Challenge, Golf, Pyramid, Tetris & Tri-Peaks. 2. I already have these games, but is there a way to get these working on Windows 10? Jezzball & Slam. 3....
  8. Older Windows games

Older Windows games: 1. Does anyone know where I can download these older games & if there is a way to get them working on Windows 10? Chip's Challenge, Golf, Pyramid, Tetris & Tri-Peaks. 2. I already have these games, but is there a way to get these working on Windows 10? Jezzball & Slam. 3....
  9. Older Games will not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games will not work on Windows 10: Hello, My brothers and I received new laptops for Christmas and not one of us can play the games Star Ward battlefront, Star Wars Clone campaigns or Age of Empire II. I have tried changing the compatibility settings to Windows 7 along with the troubleshooter and they did not...
  10. Many older steam games won't work after last update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many older steam games won't work after last update...: After installing the most recent Windows 10 update, I have noticed that many of my favorite older games such as Hearts of Iron 3, Silent Hunter 3, and Silent Hunter 4 no longer work. Does anyone know a solution for this? I have seen other people have the same problem but...