Windows 10: Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab.

Discus and support Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Programs with desktop/ task bar shortcuts all still function, so I assume it's a problem within the file explorer itself disk space also hasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by :o hello, Feb 19, 2021.

1. :o hello Win User

Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab.

Programs with desktop/ task bar shortcuts all still function, so I assume it's a problem within the file explorer itself disk space also hasn't increased. Is there anything I can do to fix this ? I should clarify, this isnt an issue with thumbnails, all downloads save for one are entirely absent from the folder.

:)

:o hello, Feb 19, 2021

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab.

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab.

1. Older downloads being inaccessible *only* in the file explorers downloads tab. - Similar Threads - Older downloads being

2. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  3. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  4. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file: so after resetting my computer, because i accidentally caused certain apps to get wiped, Certain apps such as Discord, Microsoft teams, and whatsapp are only being downloaded into the Appdata start menu file, and not in C drive or D drive...
  5. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file: so after resetting my computer, because i accidentally caused certain apps to get wiped, Certain apps such as Discord, Microsoft teams, and whatsapp are only being downloaded into the Appdata start menu file, and not in C drive or D drive...
  6. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. download file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download file explorer: How do i stop file explorer from stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-file-explorer/f5ac9e5e-8e97-4657-a3f1-59ac9f10f12b
  8. download file explorer

download file explorer: How do i stop file explorer from stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-file-explorer/f5ac9e5e-8e97-4657-a3f1-59ac9f10f12b
  9. download file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. File Explorer - Downloads

File Explorer - Downloads: Attached is my operating system, not showing product[ATTACH] keys. Files in my Downloads Folder have been disappearing for weeks. Yesterday 11/12/2018, I downloads a file from Bleepiing Computer I know it completed because I went to the folder yesterday and ran the file...