Windows 10: Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit

Discus and support Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, I am trying to get an old EA game to run on my Windows 10 system, it's Battelfield: Vietnam. The game goes to launch, the screen goes dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelNordland, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit

Hello All,

I am trying to get an old EA game to run on my Windows 10 system, it's Battelfield: Vietnam. The game goes to launch, the screen goes dark then right back to my desktop screen. I have the older Battlefield 1942 installed and it runs fine ??? Any suggestions on how to get BF:V to run correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

:)

MichaelNordland, Mar 18, 2019

2. ASHA 310 EA Games

I started downloading the 40 free EA games and got to game 11. Now when I click on the EA games gift link it says "No Content Available" and I still had a long time remaining.

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to get the games list back?

Thanks.

CLTSchwarz, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit

Incompatible: EA Game

Hi,

From the information provided, it looks like the issue could be due to the program being old which is why it is not being supported in Windows 10.

I would however suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check again:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit

1. Older EA games and Windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - Older games 64bit

2. i cannot download ea games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot download ea games: i have linked my ea and xbox account but i cannot install ea games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-ea-games/e3d87e04-d05f-4173-9538-bfff4b23681a
  3. i cannot download ea games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot download ea games: i have linked my ea and xbox account but i cannot install ea games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-ea-games/e3d87e04-d05f-4173-9538-bfff4b23681a
  4. EA Play Games are not showing up in EA Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EA Play Games are not showing up in EA Desktop App: So few hours back, I got the Game Pass Ultimate PC.. i was so excited to play Need For Speed Heat but i tried almost all the ways to get it to working..i linked my EA account to my xbox account and almost gave up..Is there anyway i can get EA Play on my pc and can someone...
  5. Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?: Hello, I have registered over 10 games on my EA account. Unfortunately it happened that I did not register this one game on the EA Account where most of my games are registered, but it is registered as the only game on a second EA Account. Now every time I want to start...
  6. ea sports game lobby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ea sports game lobby: trying to connect player to player thru ea sports game lobby , which ive been doing for years but suddenly wont work. playing tiger woods 08 with my dad in maine….cant connect. is anyone familiar with this game lobby?...
  7. Older Windows games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows games: 1. Does anyone know where I can download these older games & if there is a way to get them working on Windows 10? Chip's Challenge, Golf, Pyramid, Tetris & Tri-Peaks. 2. I already have these games, but is there a way to get these working on Windows 10? Jezzball & Slam. 3....
  8. Older Windows games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Windows games: 1. Does anyone know where I can download these older games & if there is a way to get them working on Windows 10? Chip's Challenge, Golf, Pyramid, Tetris & Tri-Peaks. 2. I already have these games, but is there a way to get these working on Windows 10? Jezzball & Slam. 3....
  9. Older Games will not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games will not work on Windows 10: Hello, My brothers and I received new laptops for Christmas and not one of us can play the games Star Ward battlefront, Star Wars Clone campaigns or Age of Empire II. I have tried changing the compatibility settings to Windows 7 along with the troubleshooter and they did not...
  10. Older Games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older Games: Hello, I have a lot of old cd-rom games from the early 90's. I was just wondering if there is anyway to get them to install or get them to work on windows 10. I have done the backwards compatibility attempts and they haven't been working. I was just wondering if they work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battlefield 1942 wont work on windows 10