Windows 10: Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu

Discus and support Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I came across an older executable that seems to run fine on WinX so I'd like to put it onto the Start Menu but I can't figure out how to do that. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmrathbun, Mar 27, 2021.

1. jmrathbun Win User

Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu

I came across an older executable that seems to run fine on WinX so I'd like to put it onto the Start Menu but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you help?

:)

jmrathbun, Mar 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu [​IMG]

Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu - Similar Threads - Older Executable move

2. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  3. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  4. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to move start menu to center like 11?

How to move start menu to center like 11?: I really want 11 but can't because of the TPM requirement. But, not one app can move the start menu to the center. Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-start-menu-to-center-like-11/28919c80-1453-4404-b712-20ef8f05f895
  6. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  7. How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?: So I recently set up Surround Display in a triple monitor configuration, and I'm trying to figure out how to realign the various Windows components so they are on the center screen. Right now the Start Menu appears only on the far left of the left monitor, and I'd like to see...
  8. How to move the start menu with Nvidia Surround Enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move the start menu with Nvidia Surround Enabled: I have 3 monitors enabled with Nvidia Surround configuration. I can move the task bar to the center screen but all my icons default to the left screen and when I click the start menu, it pops up in the left screen. Is there any way to move the start menu to the center screen?...
  9. Links in the user's start menu are not executed

in Windows 10 Support
    Links in the user's start menu are not executed: Hi there, The title says it all: The two links in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup are not executed at startup as they should be. But I have no issue navigating to the folder and 2-clicking on each link. TIA 82246
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437