Windows 10: Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7

Discus and support Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dell e6500 latitude just using it for general use, currently running windows 10 1903 see attachment for specs would guys recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by squaleca, May 10, 2019.

1. squaleca Win User

Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7

I have a dell e6500 latitude just using it for general use, currently running windows 10 1903

see attachment for specs would guys recommended downgrading to 7 or sticking with 10
    will i see a significant improvement if not ill stick with 10

:)

squaleca, May 10, 2019

2. Windows 7 vs 10

Yup, confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised at all though if it still locks the hardware profile in during activation. If you're planning major hardware changes, you shouldn't use the Windows 7 key in Windows 10 setup until after the changes are made.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Windows 7 anymore. Case in point: Windows 7 SP1 has over 200 updates to download; Windows 10? Not even a dozen. Microsoft is constantly rolling updates into a cumulative update for Windows 10 so it doesn't get update hell like Windows 7 and older have.

I really can't think of any reason to use Windows 7 anymore.

FordGT90Concept, May 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7 - Similar Threads - Older Hardware

2. Any plans for an older hardware version of Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any plans for an older hardware version of Win 11?: So come 2025, Windows 10 will no longer be supported and users will need to make the change to Windows 11. There's a glaringly obvious problem with this: Windows 11 doesn't support older hardware. Of course, the obvious solution to the problem is to simple acquire newer...
  3. Any plans for an older hardware version of Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any plans for an older hardware version of Win 11?: So come 2025, Windows 10 will no longer be supported and users will need to make the change to Windows 11. There's a glaringly obvious problem with this: Windows 11 doesn't support older hardware. Of course, the obvious solution to the problem is to simple acquire newer...
  4. Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?: I just went here to download Windows Virtual PC. https://download.cnet.com/Windows-Virtual-PC-64-bit/3000-18513_4-75451520.htmlI think that's what I needed to run older XP compatible hardware but all I got was a 16mb Windows Update file. There's no .exe file in it. I have no...
  5. Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?: I just went here to download Windows Virtual PC. https://download.cnet.com/Windows-Virtual-PC-64-bit/3000-18513_4-75451520.htmlI think that's what I needed to run older XP compatible hardware but all I got was a 16mb Windows Update file. There's no .exe file in it. I have no...
  6. Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.: Because of recent updates I can no longer manually install a driver I know for a fact worked to make a wireless Reciever / Xbox360 controller work with my PC, for whatever reason when I look for information on how i might fix it I'm relocated to the most recent controller....
  7. Windows 10 Contiunual Updates And How They May Effect Older Hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Contiunual Updates And How They May Effect Older Hardware: In the past, as with windows 7, every update added functionality and never took anything away. I am concerned with this new windows 10 model of semi annual updates. I am concerned that they will start dropping support for older drivers (this has been verified on certain...
  8. New Windows 10 install on older hardware crashes frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 install on older hardware crashes frequently: This post is a bit lengthy but please allow me to give an overview of the history. I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a machine which is very old, originally purchased in 2009 (specs below). Until this week it was still running Windows Vista as I didn't have the money to...
  9. Activating windows 10 after hardware change - version mismatch - how to install older...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 after hardware change - version mismatch - how to install older...: Sorry if this has been asked before, could not find it. I just finished installing new motherboard and cpu. Linked my license before that to my account. Created bootable USB from my old windows version 10.0.17134.376. Installed fresh windows from that same USB after the...
  10. Chronic 100 percent disk and CPU usage on older hardware

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chronic 100 percent disk and CPU usage on older hardware: Dual Boot install promised to roommate for New Year on an eMachine t5234 w/ 2gb RAM and Athlon Dual Core 400 CPU, finding heavy and CPU usage at 100% constantly. Some of this seems to trace to communications for Mail app syncing (he likes the new Mail app) and all the...