Windows 10: Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.

Discus and support Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Because of recent updates I can no longer manually install a driver I know for a fact worked to make a wireless Reciever / Xbox360 controller work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SirThesd, Oct 26, 2020.

1. SirThesd Win User

Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.

Because of recent updates I can no longer manually install a driver I know for a fact worked to make a wireless Reciever / Xbox360 controller work with my PC, for whatever reason when I look for information on how i might fix it I'm relocated to the most recent controller.

both work fine, if you do not account for the fact the PC doesn't recognise the devices anymore.

would be fantastic to get a driver that actually works for this.

:)

SirThesd, Oct 26, 2020

2. Xbox 360 controller wont connect to wireless reciever

Greetings,

i've got my pc wireless reciever in the mail today so i can play video games on my computer while using the xbox 360 controller. But it is not connecting, i've downloading the driver on the pc wireless reciever trough the windows "Search on my computer for drivers" option. But no succes yet. The light on the controller just keeps flashing with no connection what so ever. Any help is really appreciated

This is the one i've recieved

Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't. [​IMG]

and this is the driver i've installed

Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't. [​IMG]

I have tested to see if the controller was broken, but its not since it does connect to my xbox 360 slim without an issue.

Bobneedshelp, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Xbox 360 controller wont connect to wireless reciever

I have the same receiver.

Do you see the receiver show up in Device Manager? How are you trying to pair the controller?

PolarNettles, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.

Xbox 360 controller wont connect to wireless reciever

Thanks for the respond, i'm trying to connect it by pressing the button on the reciever that makes the light flash on and off, than i quickly press the sync button on the controller. After doing that the controller lights makes circles but after a few second its just starts flashing on and off.

EDIT : my driver information is identical to the two pictures you have posted.

Bobneedshelp, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't.

1. Older Hardware XBox 360 controller + reciever Previously working, now they aren't. - Similar Threads - Older Hardware XBox

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever not in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever not in Device Manager: Subject says it all. It's not in device manager and it isn't in Other Devices, even with "Show hidden devices" enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-reciever-not-in-device-manager/d923f4dc-3d51-41b5-a581-d5e8d875a530
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working on Guacamelee! 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller not working on Guacamelee! 2: Hi! I just got the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass and installed both Guacamelee! 2 and Dragon Quest XI from the Microsoft store. I use an original Xbox 360 controller and it is working normally on every other game including Dragon Quest, but it isn't even recognized on...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever driver issue: Hey Guys. Bought one of these recently, unbeknownst to me the minefield of fuckery involved.I believe Windows are trying to terminate Receivers, as to encourage Xbox One accessories. The Receiver was purchased from CeX (Tech Refurb chain store) and they probably screwed with...
  5. Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC

Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC: Hello! I have a HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I was using Wired Xbox 360 Controller on PC just fine and Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 were also installed. Then I uninstalled the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 and the uninstalling...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless reciever not working on Win 10 pro

Xbox 360 wireless reciever not working on Win 10 pro: Hi! I have been using my Xbox 360 wireless reciever to play with my controller on PC. It was working mighty fine for years now but recently I had to reinstall my PC unfortunatly. I had regular Win 10 before when the controller was working After the reinstall I got in my...
  7. installing drivers for xbox 360 wireless controller reciever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing drivers for xbox 360 wireless controller reciever: Hi guys! I'd like to install drivers for my xbox 360 wireless controller reciever. I have seen tutorials on youtube showing how to do this from the device manager. However, when I go to manually install the driver from a list of available drivers on my machine, there is no...
  8. xbox 360 controller not working as mouse

xbox 360 controller not working as mouse: I got my controller to connect using the Microsoft receiver but it wont work as a mouse just works in the Xbox app why and how do i fix thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-not-working-as-mouse/3aad57f7-63b6-4c37-9daf-1c33cf92a4b1
  9. Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore: A while back, when Windows updated, my Xbox controllers quit working on Windows 10. My Playstation controllers and Switch Pro controllers work fine. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, wirelessly with the dongle adapter that came with the Xbox. I tried finding new drivers for...
  10. Xbox 360 controller wont connect to wireless reciever

Xbox 360 controller wont connect to wireless reciever: Greetings, i've got my pc wireless reciever in the mail today so i can play video games on my computer while using the xbox 360 controller. But it is not connecting, i've downloading the driver on the pc wireless reciever trough the windows "Search on my computer for...