Windows 10: Older IDT Audio Driver incompatible with W10 Creator's Edition

Discus and support Older IDT Audio Driver incompatible with W10 Creator's Edition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This posting only applies to those that have an IDT Audio driver installed on their PC or Laptop like I did on my HP Pavilion laptop. It seems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moondoggy, Apr 14, 2017.

1. moondoggy Win User

Older IDT Audio Driver incompatible with W10 Creator's Edition

This posting only applies to those that have an IDT Audio driver installed on their PC or Laptop like I did on my HP Pavilion laptop.

It seems that earlier versions of this driver were compatible with older versions of Windows 10 but after I upgraded to the Creator's Edition I noticed that if I tried to invoke Control Panel the Control Panel window would open showing the applets however the system would clock and then the window would abruptly close with no warning. After two days of searching I finally figured out that an IDTNC64.CPL file in the System32 folder was the problem and this lead me to the fact that this file is part of the IDT Audio driver software on my HP laptop. It seems that unlike some drivers that get updated as part of a Microsoft release, the IDT audio driver is NOT one of them and Microsoft never tagged it as a compatibility issue either. What I found further disturbing is that even while my notepad was under warranty HP NEVER informed me that newer IDT Audio drivers were available and that HP did in fact have a newer Windows 10 driver available to freely download.

So, if you do have an IDT Audio driver on your HP PC or Notebook here's a link to the driver upgrade software as I've heard back from another similar posting that applying this new driver has already helped others. The new driver can be found at:

Drivers Software - HP Support Center.

:)

moondoggy, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Ralf_G Win User

The question is still about IDT

A new driver would be appreciated MS.

Generally MS doesn't create drivers for non-MS products. Driver support comes from either the computer or device manufacturer or sometimes from the manufacturers of the chips used in the computer or device.
    MS sometimes helps distribute these drivers via Windows Update, or maintains legacy drivers for specific older devices that are no longer being actively supported by their manufacturers.

If HP or IDT don't provide Win10 drivers and if there is no way to make the older existing drivers work then the device will likely never work
    in Windows 10.

IDT seems to have off-loaded their audio products:

Audio Products | IDT

Ralf_G, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Sound is feeble since latest update.

Since the enforced update to the latest version of Windows 10 - 'Creator's Edition' I believe, the audio on my PC is ridiculously feeble. This update finally killed off much more effective IDT codec (incompatible, apparently) and left me only with the default
    Realtek 'high definition' option, which is thin, reedy, hollow-sounding and just all-round inadequate.

Question - is there a better option that will actually WORK with Windows 10 in it's latest iteration? At one time I had SRS on my PC but that evaporated ages ago and I continued using the IDT codec until the above-mentioned update for music/video playback
    in preference to the Realtek option.

f6b44a3c-e8dc-461a-a5ed-7bff0ceccdd1, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Older IDT Audio Driver incompatible with W10 Creator's Edition

1. Older IDT Audio Driver incompatible with W10 Creator's Edition - Similar Threads - Older IDT Audio

2. IDT audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT audio driver issue: Hi,We are Windows 10 Embedded Medical devices and as part of our development we will capture the ghost image of the system and the same image will be deployed on multiple system.After deploying the ghost image, it is observed that in one of the system the 'Disable...
  3. IDT audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDT audio driver issue: Hi,We are Windows 10 Embedded Medical devices and as part of our development we will capture the ghost image of the system and the same image will be deployed on multiple system.After deploying the ghost image, it is observed that in one of the system the 'Disable...
  4. IDT audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IDT audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT audio driver: Good afternoon,I have installed windows 10 in a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A-143. After updating drivers and before, IDT Audio device, the sound is bad, the tone is too high, as if you would set the low frequencies down in an equalizer. Following advices in different forums. I...
  6. IDT audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDT audio driver: Good afternoon,I have installed windows 10 in a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A-143. After updating drivers and before, IDT Audio device, the sound is bad, the tone is too high, as if you would set the low frequencies down in an equalizer. Following advices in different forums. I...
  7. IDT audio driver

8. Audio & Driver incompatibility

Audio & Driver incompatibility: Hello ! I installed the new version of windows 10 32 bit the 10 may upgrade . After that my sound card driver become incompatible with the laptop [ intel SST Audio Device wdm ] and Realtek 12S Audio codec got code 10 error and i only have ES8316AudCodec Device working good....
  9. IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492

IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492: Hello all, A couple of HP IDT Beats Audio drivers: Tempo High Definition Audio Driver (Original IDT), VERSION: 6.10.6504.0 REV: A PASS: 1 L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71714.exe IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver, VERSION: 6.10.6492.0 REV: A...
  10. IDT Audio Driver Problem

IDT Audio Driver Problem: Hello. I have been dealing with audio problems recently. I found many solutions in the internet but the problem randomly occurs. I tried forcing the driver install, etc but it just won't get fixed. I have read that forcing the default HD driver that Windows offers gave them...