Windows 10: Older Laptop quicker than new PC

Discus and support Older Laptop quicker than new PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my laptop to a SSD and windows 10 from HDD with windows 7. The difference in performance has made the change worthwhile. It now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by milky bar kid, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Older Laptop quicker than new PC

Hi,
    I recently upgraded my laptop to a SSD and windows 10 from HDD with windows 7. The difference in performance has made the change worthwhile. It now boots to sign-in in just 17 seconds which is great. However, my PC takes 30 seconds to get there and I’m wondering why the difference? I purchased the Laptop in 2012, so compared to the PC (less than 12 months old) it’s quite old.
    The PC has a 480GB ADATA SX8200 NVMe (3200MB/R, 1700MB/W) and 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM.
    I've checked start up menu and disabled or delayed the programs that could cause the delay. I also switched off fast start-up and it slows down further.
    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

:)

milky bar kid, Jan 17, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 17, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Older Laptop quicker than new PC

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Older Laptop quicker than new PC

1. Older Laptop quicker than new PC - Similar Threads - Older Laptop quicker

2. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  3. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  4. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc shutting down quicker than it used to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shutting down quicker than it used to: Hey all,This might sound a bit strange to some of you but i want to ask just to be in the safe end here.As of late my pc started to shut down quicker that it was used to.Restart seems unaffected.So after hitting the "shut down" button the pc sometimes almost instantly shuts...
  6. Pc shutting down quicker than it used to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shutting down quicker than it used to: Hey all,This might sound a bit strange to some of you but i want to ask just to be in the safe end here.As of late my pc started to shut down quicker that it was used to.Restart seems unaffected.So after hitting the "shut down" button the pc sometimes almost instantly shuts...
  7. Pc shutting down quicker than it used to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. This driver is older than me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This driver is older than me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thosewhomgodsdetest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u85rof/this_driver_is_older_than_me/
  9. Email and new Windows Laptop and Older IPAD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email and new Windows Laptop and Older IPAD: Hi, Not a computer whiz here by any means. I used to be able to access my @att.net email account on my Ipad. I just bought this new Windows laptop, and during setup it asked my email and told me I had to use a new password as the one I tried to enter was an old one. I...
  10. Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?: Okay, I bought a new laptop today, and after the setup and updates were finished, I noticed that the desktop was displaying the screen calendar from my older laptop on it - which is a 3rd party software that I have to install. The strangest part is, it was only showing August...