Windows 10: Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

Discus and support Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Panasonic Camcorder HDD does not connect to my computer. I have an older Panasonic Camcorder SDRH200. It has a built-in HDD and an SD card This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mackenrick, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

Panasonic Camcorder HDD does not connect to my computer.

I have an older Panasonic Camcorder SDRH200. It has a built-in HDD and an SD card This is the first time I have tried using it on my Win7 computer that has been upgraded to Win10. When I plug it into my PC via USB port, it appears to make the connection but the Camcorder HDD does not display in the USB icon on my system tray, nor in File Explorer, nor in My PC, nor in device manager. It does display in Devices and Printers and shows it is working. When I set the camcorder to use the data on the SD card and connect to the computer, the computer connects to the SD card and it is displayed in the USB connection in the system tray, File Explorer, etc. It used to work when this computer was operating the Win7 OS.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Mackenrick, Dec 28, 2020
  2. richdav Win User

connecting camcorder to pc with windows 10 and no ieee1394 port

I have a Panasonic digital camcorder that I was able to connect to my pc via ieee1394 cord. I replaced my previous pc with HP Edge TouchSmart and have Windows 10 installed. There is no ieee1394 port on this computer and my cord does not adapt to usb 2.0.
    Anyone have a solution I can use to connect my camcorder to my pc? Thanks...

richdav, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Mikey G41 Win User
    download video from older camcorder via USB in Win 10 Pro

I have a Panasonic PV-GS500 , (circa 2009), camcorder which I believe recorded digital images to tape.

It has a DV output as well as a 2.0 USB output for connection to a computer.

I want to download video from the camcorder to a well-configured gaming computer ( Asus ROG GL-753V) for archive purposes.

When connected via USB 2.0 , the computer sees the device as a DVC, but I cannot view images when using playback on camcorder.

When I right click properties of the device I see three options of descriptions but none are "connectable".

What default settings will enable my computer to access the camcorder's interface.

I have the original Panasonic Motion DV STUDIO 5.6LE for DV software disc but am afraid to install it on my computer bc most likely 32 bit.

Would I damage anything or corrupt my Win 10 OS by attempting this install. The disc has a USB driver designed for the camcorder but I would assume Win 10 would have a generic driver if it recognized the device as operational ??

What would I need to configure in order to complete the copy of these tapes ??

Thank You in advance for any help !!

Michael

Mikey G41, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

PC does not recognize my DV camcorder connected via Firewire

My PC used to recognize my Canon GL2 DV camcorder when I connected it to the Firewire port. Now it doesn't recognize it. I attached another Canon DV camcorder and the PC recognized this one and installed a driver for it automatically, but it still won't
    recognize the other one. There's a dialog box that used to pop up asking if I wanted to transfer videos from the camcorder when I plugged it in, but it no longer does this. Is something wrong with the camcorder, or is there a driver missing?

CarolCasper, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

1. Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection - Similar Threads - Older Panasonic Camcorder

2. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  3. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  4. Panasonic Camcorder PV-GS14 Drivers for Windows 10

Panasonic Camcorder PV-GS14 Drivers for Windows 10: I am trying to copy videos from my Panasonic mini-DV camcorder model PV-GS14 circa 2006 over to a Windows 10 machine Dell Inspiron 5558, Intel i5, circa 2016 via USB. The software CD that came with the camcorder won't load the USB drivers as the they were probably for older...
  5. Panasonic Camcorder PV-GS14 Drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Panasonic Camcorder PV-GS14 Drivers for Windows 10: I am trying to copy videos from my Panasonic mini-DV camcorder model PV-GS14 circa 2006 over to a Windows 10 machine Dell Inspiron 5558, Intel i5, circa 2016 via USB. The software CD that came with the camcorder won't load the USB drivers as the they were probably for older...
  6. Panasonic Camcorder PV-GS14 Drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Panasonic NV-GS 120 Camcorder is not recognized USB by WIndows 10

Panasonic NV-GS 120 Camcorder is not recognized USB by WIndows 10: My older PANASONIC NV-GS 120 is not recognized in Windows 10 via USB. Does anyone have the necessary Panasonic driver ? Thanks for your help !...
  8. Camcorder Panasonic PV-GS35 software/driver for windows 10

Camcorder Panasonic PV-GS35 software/driver for windows 10: I want to transfer the recordings from this Panasonic PV-GS35 to the Windows 10 computer but unable to find the DV software for windows 10. Is there a link of updates for the camcorder? Or are there any alternatives to transfer the recordings to the computer. Thank you....
  9. Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Win10 not recognizing camcorder: Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under...
  10. My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder: when I connect my Canon Vixia HF R50 to my Laptop windows 10 nothing happens on my Laptop but the USB sign flashes on camcorder screen Moved from: Windows 10 / Connect Phone & PC...