Windows 10: Older Star Wars games

Discus and support Older Star Wars games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm installing some older Star Wars games to find out if I can still play them on 10, but I'm having a problem w/a few & hope someone can help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CJW, Mar 29, 2019.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Older Star Wars games

I'm installing some older Star Wars games to find out if I can still play them on 10, but I'm having a problem w/a few & hope someone can help me w/these.

1. Battle For Naboo. When I try to install, I get a message stating it's a 16Bit installer & will not run on a 64Bit machine.

2. Episode I: Racer. When I start the game, all looks fine from the beginning; images look right, sound is good, no stuttering/skipping in video or sound. But once I get past all the cutscenes & menu choices & the race is to begin, the screen is awash in white. It's as though I'm looking at a snowbank, but the podracer & a few other elements are just off-colored outlines & there is no longer any sound.

3. LEGO Star Wars. When I start the game, I get these errors: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." & "The code execution cannot proceed because XINPUT1_3.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
    When I try the same method that worked on 7 (DL d3dx9_35.dll & XINPUT1_3.dll & place both in the LEGO Star Wars folder) I then get this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

4. Rogue Squadron 3D. When I start the game, a message pops-up for a second: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay", then just a black screen. No images, no sound, I do see a cursor, but that is it! And the only way I can exit, is to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring-up the Task Manager, CTRL-SHIFT-ESC will not work.

5. Sabacc. When I start the game, I just get an error message: "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check w/the software publisher".

6. Shadows Of The Empire. When I try to install, I get a message stating it's a 16Bit installer & will not run on a 64Bit machine.

Does anyone have any ideas for any of these games?

:)

2. Jurgen G. Win User

Star Wars Commander Update

Thank you
    M16Z0
    for your contribution,

When it states that the item is not available I suggest to contact the developer of the game Star Wars Commander.

It might that the game was taken from the store by the developers.

Kindest Regards,

Jurgen G., Mar 29, 2019
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Star wars Kotor doesn't work on Windows 10 64 bit OS

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Chris. You may make your older game or program compatible with the current version of Windows that your device is running, and check if it works. To proceed, click this

link
    and perform the steps provided.

For more information, you may visit this
    link
    and get in touch with the support team from the game publisher.

Let us know how it goes.

Paul Bab, Mar 29, 2019
  4. ocir Win User

Older Star Wars games

playing star wars battlefront

started after anniversary update playing star wars battlefront about 15mins in to game

Thema:

Older Star Wars games

1. Older Star Wars games - Similar Threads - Older Star Wars

2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game keeps crashing: LEGO Star Wars Crashes after "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy far far away.." I can play after installation but after second launch it crashed ever time after launching the game.Game is original and installed from original CD-ROMP1: legostarwars.exe P2: 0.0.0.0 P3: 43c5009a P4:...
  5. LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game keeps crashing

LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game keeps crashing: LEGO Star Wars Crashes after "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy far far away.." I can play after installation but after second launch it crashed ever time after launching the game.Game is original and installed from original CD-ROMP1: legostarwars.exe P2: 0.0.0.0 P3: 43c5009a P4:...
  6. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  7. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  8. Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Star wars the clone wars republic heroes: Hallo zusammen, Ich habe mir vorhin star wars the clone wars republic heroes auf steam gekauft. Ich habe es installiert aber wenn ich auf spielen drücke erscheint der produktschlüssel mit der anmerkung,dass ich ihn zur eingabe bereithalten soll etc. danach sehe ich das...
  9. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: just playing a game I well get this bsod Attachment 100654 63068
  10. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: started after anniversary update playing star wars battlefront about 15mins in to game 61929