Windows 10: Older Windows application

Discus and support Older Windows application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old 32bit Windows application that unfortunately have an 16bit installer. I tried installing under 32bit Windows 10 but got some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neonlover, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Neonlover Win User

Older Windows application

Hello,

I have an old 32bit Windows application that unfortunately have an 16bit installer. I tried installing under 32bit Windows 10 but got some issues post-installation. I tried installing on Debian with use of wine and it functions ok. The outcome from these two described scenarios are disturbing from the pointview of a consumer who have bought a Windows 10 Pro license, i.e me!

What does Microsoft have to offer me if I really would like to get my old app function using Windows?

Since I have Windows 10 Pro I could use Hyper-V and install old bullet proof Windows XP ... if that was available and possible to activate. Why do not Microsoft offer a virtual version of XP ready for Hyper-V plug-n-play?

Any help for me out there?!?

:)

Neonlover, Dec 30, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Older Windows application

Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Since you mentioned that the application worked in a previous version of Windows, we would like to clarify if you attempted to install the application using compatibility mode as was suggested in the previous post? The reason we need to verify if you have
    completed the steps provided is because compatibility mode allows older programs to work in a more recent version of Windows. Also we need the answers to the following questions below:

• Were there any newer versions of the application you're attempting to install that is made for windows 10?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in the computer?

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Older Windows application

1. Older Windows application - Similar Threads - Older application

2. Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer: Hi all - Attempting to get support from Microsoft however no response thus far. I have windows 10 on my previous computer and just finished building my new one. I downloaded windows 10 on my new PC, a few days later the update to windows 11 occured, however it is not...
  3. Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer: Hi all - Attempting to get support from Microsoft however no response thus far. I have windows 10 on my previous computer and just finished building my new one. I downloaded windows 10 on my new PC, a few days later the update to windows 11 occured, however it is not...
  4. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  5. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  6. How do I back up and move all applications and files from older Windows 10 laptop to new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I back up and move all applications and files from older Windows 10 laptop to new...: My main laptop running Windows 10 has been failing, so I purchased a new laptop also running Windows 10. I am not very technical, but can usually work through standard processes.I used the "Backup and Restore" function, connecting my main laptop to an external drive....
  7. How do I back up and move all applications and files from older Windows 10 laptop to new...

How do I back up and move all applications and files from older Windows 10 laptop to new...: My main laptop running Windows 10 has been failing, so I purchased a new laptop also running Windows 10. I am not very technical, but can usually work through standard processes.I used the "Backup and Restore" function, connecting my main laptop to an external drive....
  8. How do I back up and move all applications and files from older Windows 10 laptop to new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...: First off, I have 3 OS's, Windows 10 21H1 on boot drive, Xubuntu 20.04 OS on boot drive, home partition on game drive, and an OS that changes a lot, right now it is an insider preview build of Windows 11 on game drive. Feel free to ignore the Linux install. In short, my boot...
  10. Older applications such as CNC3 Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older applications such as CNC3 Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath: Older applications such as this may or maynot need to have NetFramework 1. I am running a lot of older applications on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit machine with no problems i.e. both mentioned in subject title. I also am running AOE II, Conquers Expansion and Forgotten Empires....