Windows 10: Older Windows Version

Discus and support Older Windows Version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EstherEmily, May 1, 2022.

1. Older Windows Version

If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk?

:)

EstherEmily, May 1, 2022

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, May 1, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 1, 2022
  4. Older Windows Version

Older program not working after installing KB3163018 update on Windows 10.

Hi Fritz,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program with the update installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, which is the “older program” you are referring to in the above description?

I suggest you to install the program in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file downloaded/saved on the PC and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of compatibility of the older program installed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 1, 2022
Thema:

Older Windows Version

1. Older Windows Version - Similar Threads - Older Version

2. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  3. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  4. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software: Good day Microsoft team,Is it possible to get a previous version of windows 10 pro - specifically version 1803.It is required to run some third party software Rockwell SCADA.Thank you in advance!...
  5. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software: Good day Microsoft team,Is it possible to get a previous version of windows 10 pro - specifically version 1803.It is required to run some third party software Rockwell SCADA.Thank you in advance!...
  6. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 version 23H2 is going to be installed automatically on older systems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 version 23H2 is going to be installed automatically on older systems: Windows 11 device owners who still run an older version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system need to be aware that their systems may be upgraded automatically to Windows 11 version 23H2. This is not the first time that upgrades are enforced, and it won't be the last by...
  8. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  9. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  10. Error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. How do I install older version of software on Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. How do I install older version of software on Win 11?: Trying to install two older versions of programs on laptop with Win 11 and get error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. One code starts 97F81AF1-OE47-DC99 and the other 837BF-1EB-D770-94EB. I do not want to be forced to by new versions of the software, as I am happy with the older...