Windows 10: Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

Discus and support Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/riky86 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/riky86, Jan 20, 2021.

1. /u/riky86 Win User

Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

/u/riky86, Jan 20, 2021

2. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 20, 2021
  3. delete address bar history

-

Please do not ask this again as a new question.

You cannot completely "turn off" the Address Bar drop-down list.

This is the best you can do.

1. Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, uncheck Address Bar

2. Access websites from File> Open or Ctrl+o. Don't type URLs into the Address Bar

3. Create an InPrivate shortcut to IE and always use that shortcut to open IE.

Create the shortcut to IE and use this as the Target...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private

4. Internet Options> Browsing History> check Delete browsing history on exit. Go to Settings and verify that History is checked and Preserve favorites website data is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

On Google Search, I found the following recent answer to "How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?" …

"To delete a single autosuggested URL, start typing the address as you normally would—Google.com in my example. Then, when the unwanted autocomplete suggestion appears, use your keyboard's arrow keys to highlight the suggestion in the drop-down menu below
    the address bar. Finally, press Shift-Delete and poof!Sep 14, 2018"

I've tried this with the Address Bar in File Explorer and the Address Bar in the Toolbar. The problem here is THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT WORK for me.

Does anyone know of an alternative approach which will work?

RetiredEngineer, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

1. Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar - Similar Threads - Oldnewexplorer deleted file

2. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  3. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  4. File Explorer Address Bar small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar small: Somehow the address bar in my file explorer became smaller than usual, is there a way to return it back to normal?Just to be clear, I'm not asking to change the width between the search bar and address bar, only the height of the address bar.Thanks in advance....
  5. File Explorer Address Bar small

File Explorer Address Bar small: Somehow the address bar in my file explorer became smaller than usual, is there a way to return it back to normal?Just to be clear, I'm not asking to change the width between the search bar and address bar, only the height of the address bar.Thanks in advance....
  6. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  7. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  8. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

9. Windows File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Address Bar: I'm currently having a problem with my windows file explorer. As you can see in the image, the address bar is black. I would like to to revert to its original color but I don't know how. [ATTACH]...
  10. Using the file explorer address bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the file explorer address bar: I typed an entry incorrectly into the File Explorer address bar and it gave me a dropdown menu underneath giving me the option to search for it so I selected to search for it (in the address bar not the Search box on the far right). I then got a Windows Security window which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com