Windows 10: OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot

Discus and support OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using OldNewExplorer on Windows 10 to make some changes, such as using the command bar instead of the ribbon. This works fine until I restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ocelotsink, Mar 2, 2019.

1. OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot

I'm using OldNewExplorer on Windows 10 to make some changes, such as using the command bar instead of the ribbon. This works fine until I restart the computer, at which point OldNewExplorer still claims to be installed, but Explorer has reverted back to its default form. To fix this, I need to Uninstall OldNewExplorer and then Install it again to make it have any effect. This happens every time I restart the computer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

:)

ocelotsink, Mar 2, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Booting GRLDR

during install did it ever give the option as to which boot loader youd like to use? because sounds like your boot loader is F@#$%d you can pop in the disk and try reinstalling the boot loader or you can reinstall the OS and i suggest using GRUB

Solaris17, Mar 2, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot

1. OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot - Similar Threads - OldNewExplorer needs reinstalled

2. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a boot disk to reinstall windows: My Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-boot-disk-to-reinstall-windows/3d22c4cf-28af-47d1-a11e-98683dec6b4a
  3. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a boot disk to reinstall windows: My Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-boot-disk-to-reinstall-windows/3d22c4cf-28af-47d1-a11e-98683dec6b4a
  4. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue: I have Saved my theme settings within the personalization selection of the themes selection in the Settings app. Everything is cool except the OldNewExplorer. It's works, half of the time tho. ....is it something to do when I log out ? Any ideas ? I have Windows 10 PRO...
  6. Mail Needs Account Fixed on Every Boot

Mail Needs Account Fixed on Every Boot: Microsoft services, such as OneDrive, all work correctly, but Mail forces me to enter my PIN to "Fix my account" on every boot, even though it downloads mail from my Windows Live account without "being fixed". Can this be corrected? I've seen links to an external post about...
  7. Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?

Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?: I am trying to use oldnewexplorer (ONE). When I try to install ONE I find it reported as installed. I can find no evidence of the installation. It does not appear in control panel installed program list . Search does not find it. A file search reports only one entry - the...
  8. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  9. OldNewExplorer - working then not working

OldNewExplorer - working then not working: I really want my Details Pane to be at the bottom of the screen (Win7) rather than the RH side (Win10) and OldNewExplorer is the only thing that does this for Win10 users (as far as I know). But it seems to stop working of its own accord - I've just noticed that it's not...
  10. Need to uncheck Proxy Server Every boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to uncheck Proxy Server Every boot: I use Origin for online gaming and it fails to connect unless I uncheck under "Proxy Server", USE A PROXY SERVER FOR YOUR LAN. I need to do this every time I reboot. IS there a permanent fix for this or do I need to uncheck the Proxy Server box every reboot. It's quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oldnewexplorer not working