Windows 10: OLE ItemMoniker

Discus and support OLE ItemMoniker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created item moniker with name abcd°. Item moniker is then saved to stream using olesavetostream function. Moniker is then retrieved from same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DMS_22, Jan 4, 2020.

1. DMS_22 Win User

OLE ItemMoniker

I have created item moniker with name abcd°. Item moniker is then saved to stream using olesavetostream function. Moniker is then retrieved from same stream later on. Everything works fine till I am on english locale however switching to japanese locale creates problem. Value for degree symbol is 176. It seems when japanese locale is set then itemmoniker is translating using japanese locale page. I want to save string as unicode. I have made string as unicode.

:)

DMS_22, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

how do i get rid of OLE Initialzation failed make sure that OLE libraries are the current version

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) is a proprietary technology developed by Microsoft that allows embedding and linking to documents and other objects. Before an application can use OLE system services, it must initialize the OLE system DLLs and verify
    that the DLLs are the correct version. Make sure that the service Windows Modules Installer is running. To check if the service is running, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (press Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Services.msc and click on
      Okay
    3. Then look for the service named Windows Modules Installer.

For more information, you can refer to: OLE Initialization. If you need
    any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. When do you get the above error?
    2. Is the issue specific to any application?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    4. Are you aware of any recent changes that were made on your computer?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 4, 2020
  3. grschinon Win User
    TFT or OLED?

OLED displays use less power than LCD on the whole and they're sharper in usual lighting conditions. Once the ambient light increases, though, OLED screens become harder to see.

grschinon, Jan 4, 2020
  4. OLE ItemMoniker

LG Display Announces World's Largest OLED Panel

Nice catch, totally didn't read the OP *Laugh :laugh: *Toast :toast:

Sounds like it's OLED back lit to me as well now.

pantherx12, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

OLE ItemMoniker

1. OLE ItemMoniker - Similar Threads - OLE ItemMoniker

2. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  3. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  4. Purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model SFG16-71: Windows WILL NOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model SFG16-71: Windows WILL NOT...: HI,I have a desktop, use pin, logged into Microsoft account. All good.Today purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model - SFG16-71, followed startup guide, booted up, windows asked to create a pin i tried, says error cant create pin skip? tried again, same...
  5. Purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model - Windows WILL NOT CREATE A...

Purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model - Windows WILL NOT CREATE A...: HI,I have a desktop, use pin, logged into Microsoft account. All good.Today purchased new Acer Laptop today- ACER Swift Go 16 OLED Model - SFG16-71, followed startup guide, booted up, windows asked to create a pin i tried, says error cant create pin skip? tried again, same...
  6. ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.: So, Windows 11 23H2 - 22631.2861. "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" do not work as you would expect. These are my screen and sleep settings.These are my screen saver settings.ASUS OLED laptops have a screen saver called ASUS OLED Care, which stop damage to the screen.My...
  7. ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.

ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.: So, Windows 11 23H2 - 22631.2861. "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" do not work as you would expect. These are my screen and sleep settings.These are my screen saver settings.ASUS OLED laptops have a screen saver called ASUS OLED Care, which stop damage to the screen.My...
  8. Why don't Microsoft create ultimate monitor? 540hz, 8k, oled, 16bit, and name it Digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't Microsoft create ultimate monitor? 540hz, 8k, oled, 16bit, and name it Digital...: That would be hella sick... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-microsoft-create-ultimate-monitor-540hz/7c247b01-1d89-4ac3-8e20-a97199ceba5b
  9. Why don't Microsoft create ultimate monitor? 540hz, 8k, oled, 16bit, and name it Digital...

Why don't Microsoft create ultimate monitor? 540hz, 8k, oled, 16bit, and name it Digital...: That would be hella sick... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-microsoft-create-ultimate-monitor-540hz/7c247b01-1d89-4ac3-8e20-a97199ceba5b
  10. black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop

black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop: When I watching the Dolby Vison format videos in Netflix UWP APP installed from Microsoft Store, I notice that the dark scenes in the video are too grey while theyshould be pure black on my OLED screen .Such as the Netflix logo in the vides beginnings,the back ground should...